pre-cruise Retreat Concierge

msteries

On 11/9/2021 at 5:01 PM, NCHPcruiser said:

Luminae, your butler and the Retreat concierge will certainly make sure your birthday is special!

They will .. for sure.   Even if you don't plan it in advance.   One cruise I received flowers from Retreat Concierge and ended up with 3-4 birthday cakes.   They were stacked up in my room.    I asked that they send to the Crew Mess as no way could we eat all of them and hate to see them wasted.

You can also get your question answered by your Travel Agent or you Celebrity Planner.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 11:08 AM, lovrccl said:

We were in a sky suite last month and received a email with numerous questions about what we wanted. We got the email about a week or 2 before we sailed.

On 11/11/2021 at 4:08 PM, biscuitsandhoney said:

Same for us! We received several email messages that directed us to a questionnaire about how we wanted our room setup. No phone call, although Celebrity called us this week about the itinerary change for our upcoming January cruise - that's new.

🙂

-LKC

On 11/11/2021 at 7:43 PM, Northern Aurora said:

Interesting to read the experiences of others.  We were B2B in September with both legs in the same sky suite.  Pre-cruise we received multiple contacts from Celebrity in the form of phone calls and e-mails.

So interesting! I'm in a SS leaving in 6 days and bumpkis on communication. The only thing we'd really like to request is a particular type of pillow. 

We received an email from Celebrity on November 4th for our upcoming Reflection December 4th sailing.  It had this link where we were asked to answer a number of questions. 

We can't wait to welcome you aboard. 

You've booked a beautiful Sky Suite, that comes with an array
of thoughtfully-appointed amenities. Before you sail, we'd love to help
you personalize your in-room and port day experiences. 

Other than that we have not heard anything else, but there are still three weeks before we sail. 

On 11/9/2021 at 7:11 PM, CruisinKikster said:

Is this for all retreat rooms or just some? I am in a sky suite, and I haven't received anything from them. I'm a little under 2 weeks to sailing. 

I never got a call in all the times I was in a sky suite.  The Lumanae concierge is the best way to have things done.

This past July I was in a S1 Sky Suite on the Edge.  I got the email and a phone call.  I was told they call all suite guests now. And since then I saw that fact in writing on their website. Just don’t recall which location on the site.

I am also booked on the Nov 22 Constellation (11 night) sailing. I got the email twice (as they for some reason didn’t acknowledge my preferences the first time).  But no phone call yet and we sail in 7 days. 

On 11/14/2021 at 9:19 AM, CruisinKikster said:

So interesting! I'm in a SS leaving in 6 days and bumpkis on communication. The only thing we'd really like to request is a particular type of pillow. 

To be honest with you.   Even when we have had upper suites, 90% of the times the requests are either not relayed or just ignored.   It is just as easy to tell your Stateroom attendant or Butler what you want and it will be accommodated.   I finally got to the point of saying why bother.   Contact is also often hit or miss.    On  a recent cruise in the PH we never received a call or even an e-mail.   Other times I have gotten a call while on the first leg of a B2B to ask ---hmmm don't their records show I'm already on the ship.

One would think that for Zeniths or even frequent suite passenger they would keep a profile on you.   I know they have the information as one Zenith Desk rep said I noticed you always request a certain pillows, extension cord and changing bubbly for Chardonnay -  do you wish this on your current cruise.

Stateroom attendant usually provides the pillows you want when he makes up your room on the first evening.   Swap outs of wine are usually not done until after setting sail.  I almost always have to remind them of the extension cord.     

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

We are sailing today in a S1 Sky Suite on Reflection and did not get a phone call.  We did get an email asking questions about a few things regarding the room, e.g. beds together, wine selection, etc. 

We have a CS booked for the 12/11 sailing that was just booked this week.  Have not heard from anyone about that sailing at all. 

On 11/16/2021 at 8:59 PM, Jim_Iain said:

To be honest with you.   Even when we have had upper suites, 90% of the times the requests are either not relayed or just ignored.   It is just as easy to tell your Stateroom attendant or Butler what you want and it will be accommodated.   I finally got to the point of saying why bother.   Contact is also often hit or miss.    On  a recent cruise in the PH we never received a call or even an e-mail.   Other times I have gotten a call while on the first leg of a B2B to ask ---hmmm don't their records show I'm already on the ship.

One would think that for Zeniths or even frequent suite passenger they would keep a profile on you.   I know they have the information as one Zenith Desk rep said I noticed you always request a certain pillows, extension cord and changing bubbly for Chardonnay -  do you wish this on your current cruise.

Stateroom attendant usually provides the pillows you want when he makes up your room on the first evening.   Swap outs of wine are usually not done until after setting sail.  I almost always have to remind them of the extension cord.     

Sadly, communication between shoreside and ship seems to be hit or miss--mostly miss.  But I agree that once on board, everything can be remedied by either your butler or the retreat concierge.  So, not a cause for alarm.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 12/4/2021 at 2:03 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Sadly, communication between shoreside and ship seems to be hit or miss--mostly miss.  But I agree that once on board, everything can be remedied by either your butler or the retreat concierge.  So, not a cause for alarm.

Correct, we are on Alaskan cruise in ten days in a PH and have not received any request, so we will just handle it once we get onboard.