Edge Aqua Class Sky Suite Questions

jwb3843

Hello!  I’m in the process of transferring our current reservation on the Edge for an S2 Sky Suite from Celebrity to a TA.  The TA has recommended that we change from the suite we’re currently assigned to - #9195 to #10193.  According to the Deck Plan this is an Aqua Sky Suite instead of a regular S2 Suite.  I have no experience with this type of suite, so I’m looking for some help here!  Can anyone provide some info on the questions below based on personal experience?

• Does an Aqua Sky Suite include all the Retreat benefits, including dining in Luminae?
  • Does it also include the Spa amenities?   The TA insists it’s the same price category . . . But this seems unlikely to me!
  • This suite is very close to the elevator.  If you’ve stayed anywhere close by, did the hallway traffic noise affect your stay?  I’m a very light sleeper, so I’m a bit fearful of this location.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

jwb3843

57 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Yes, Yes and No, price will be higher for AQ suite

Thanks SO much for your reply!  I truly appreciate it!   When the TA told me that the price would remain the same it felt like one of those “if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!” Moments.  I’ll carefully scrutinize the invoice when provided.

If you would take advantage of the included fitness classes and Sea Thermal Suite in the spa then it may be worth some additional cost.  Personally we avoid cabins where the cabin door is near a entrance to the elevators.  Elevators don’t create any noise but people coming and going can.

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

If you would take advantage of the included fitness classes and Sea Thermal Suite in the spa then it may be worth some additional cost.  Personally we avoid cabins where the cabin door is near a entrance to the elevators.  Elevators don’t create any noise but people coming and going can.

Thank you, Jelayne!  I doubt we’d take advantage of the fitness classes, but there are some aspects of the Sea Thermal Suite that we wouldn’t mind trying if given the opportunity.  Have you by chance ever them?And we’ve always avoided cabins near the elevators due to the potential for people noise so it does raise some concern.

8 hours ago, jwb3843 said:

but there are some aspects of the Sea Thermal Suite that we wouldn’t mind trying if given the opportunity.

Just off the Edge in Aquaclass. I enjoyed using the steam rooms in the Thermal Suite. The infrared Sauna could have been hotter. The heated tile loungers were very comforting. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Just off the Edge in Aquaclass. I enjoyed using the steam rooms in the Thermal Suite. The infrared Sauna could have been hotter. The heated tile loungers were very comforting. 

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, kwokpot!  Is there anything in hindsight that you didn’t try that you wish you had?  How busy was the spa area during your cruise?

2 hours ago, jwb3843 said:

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, kwokpot!  Is there anything in hindsight that you didn’t try that you wish you had?  How busy was the spa area during your cruise?

Our sailing had about 990 passengers so the thermal suite was never busy. If you go late afternoon say after 4pm it will be empty. Many times I'll use the thermal suite at 5pm before cocktails and dinnertime and I literally was the only one there.

TBH there's not that many other rooms. There's a salt inhalation room which is a nice place to cool down after using the steam rooms and one other crystal meditation room. Don't forget to venture out onto the forward facing outdoor deck. Beautiful views but no chairs or loungers so you can't sit or lay down anywhere. 

There's a relaxation room but that's right outside the Thermal Suite and it's not really meant for use between steam and sauna sessions, which is why it's not located within the wet areas. Of course you're welcome to relax in there whenever you feel like it, but generally it's meant as a waiting area for you to meet and greet your therapist for your spa treatments.  

I was a bit surprised to see that the toiletries in the spa locker room showers were your standard ones and not Bigalow like you'll find in your Aquaclass cabin. 

• 2 weeks later...

Amazingly, we finally received the invoice from the TA . . . And indeed we were moved to an Aqua Sky Suite on Deck 10 for $500 less than our original fare quoted by Celebrity for an S2 on Deck 9.  Our invoice confirms that we have all Retreat benefits included, so I’m very pleased with this.  Looking forward to trying out the Thermal Suite.  I really appreciate everyone’s help!

• 2 years later...