Covid / Port Travel Questions

cessnabmw

We're looking at a Dec cruise from Miami. We're from Toronto and double vaxed. 

Aside from vaccination proof a rapid test before we Toronto, what else would be needed?

Are we allowed to get off the ship at the ports? Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao? Do they need rapid tests too? If they do, how would we get them on the ship?

Can't seem to find the info online.

Thanks!

I believe you'll be all set so long as the  antigen tests are within 2 days of your cruise.  Not sure which vaccines available in Canada are now allowed as vax proof in US.  I think those changed recently.  But you should double check.  Lots of Canadian cruisers on this board will opine.

As far as I have read on the Port of Call boards, none of the ABC isles are requiring separate port tests to debark.  The ship's information on your status will be sufficient. Unvaxxed passengers, and vaxxed parties traveling with them are probably limited to bubble excursions.

15 minutes ago, cessnabmw said:

We're looking at a Dec cruise from Miami. We're from Toronto and double vaxed. 

Aside from vaccination proof a rapid test before we Toronto, what else would be needed?

Are we allowed to get off the ship at the ports? Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao? Do they need rapid tests too? If they do, how would we get them on the ship?

Can't seem to find the info online.

Thanks!

You need proof of a negative test results from 2 days before your cruise. Other than that, doesn't Canada still require proof of negative test before you fly back home.

See Carnival's website, the current protocols just click at the top of the page on the Have Fun. Be Safe.

Yes, you can get off at ports. The restrictions are for unvaccinated guests that must go on "bubble" tours. Some ports may have stricter mask requirements.

Note, some Canadians got any available vaccines and ended up with 2 different doses. They were not considered fully vaccinated if their 2 shots were not of the same kind of vaccine. That may have finally been allowed though.

13 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

I believe you'll be all set so long as the  antigen tests are within 2 days of your cruise.  Not sure which vaccines available in Canada are now allowed as vax proof in US.  I think those changed recently.  But you should double check.  Lots of Canadian cruisers on this board will opine.

As far as I have read on the Port of Call boards, none of the ABC isles are requiring separate port tests to debark.  The ship's information on your status will be sufficient. Unvaxxed passengers, and vaxxed parties traveling with them are probably limited to bubble excursions.

Thanks!!

10 minutes ago, mondello said:

You need proof of a negative test results from 2 days before your cruise. Other than that, doesn't Canada still require proof of negative test before you fly back home.

See Carnival's website, the current protocols just click at the top of the page on the Have Fun. Be Safe.

Yes, you can get off at ports. The restrictions are for unvaccinated guests that must go on "bubble" tours. Some ports may have stricter mask requirements.

Note, some Canadians got any available vaccines and ended up with 2 different doses. They were not considered fully vaccinated if their 2 shots were not of the same kind of vaccine. That may have finally been allowed though.

Yes, as of now we would need a test to get back to Canada. We'll get it done after the cruise at a CVS or somewhere in Miami. Hopefully not too expensive.

6 minutes ago, cessnabmw said:

Yes, as of now we would need a test to get back to Canada. We'll get it done after the cruise at a CVS or somewhere in Miami. Hopefully not too expensive.

Just a heads up on the ABC itinerary, seems one of them B or C was dropped/switched. Hopefully all 3 are open and there are no problems but some ports may be switched. I loved Aruba and hope to book that cruise someday.

There is a Canadian section of this forum so feel free to go there for more Canadian specific info.

You will need a PCR test to re enter Canada. Miami airport does the test and you can book here:

https://www.shopmiamiairport.com/directory/nomi-health-south-terminal-h/

Many Ontarians have travelled using the vaccine receipt you download from the Ontario website.

My TA lives in canada and managed to make it onto the new rcl ship and is so happy. It's been a while for him since he could get on a cruise and back into canada easily. Happy happy for canadians.

Hes still on the 2 day invite only cruise so hasnt done the back to canada leg but so far so good. 

Guest BasicSailor

Just to and, please be careful and follow all rules and regulations for each port. Mask up. I can't count on my fingers how many friends we have lost from Covid this pass year.