Huatulco Mexico

MimiMomma

1 hour ago, Sscamp15 said:

I was in Huatulco about 10 years ago.  If I remember correctly, we simply walked to a beach close to the port where we had the best fish taco’s I’ve ever had.  Does this sound right?  Sometimes I get my ports confused!

Here is where you dock.

https://goo.gl/maps/mcFWs3iJEKXE15Qu5

This is not the main area of Huatulco, just a sliver.

If you pull the map back, like this....

https://goo.gl/maps/8uBWtA7QVBAA7v7MA

You can see the main part of town and some of the coves that have 4* & 5* resorts on them.

On 1/16/2023 at 6:11 PM, scottca075 said:

Here is where you dock.

https://goo.gl/maps/mcFWs3iJEKXE15Qu5

This is not the main area of Huatulco, just a sliver.

If you pull the map back, like this....

https://goo.gl/maps/8uBWtA7QVBAA7v7MA

You can see the main part of town and some of the coves that have 4* & 5* resorts on them.

Thank you!  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 6:13 PM, Sscamp15 said:

I was in Huatulco about 10 years ago.  If I remember correctly, we simply walked to a beach close to the port where we had the best fish taco’s I’ve ever had.  Does this sound right?  Sometimes I get my ports confused!

That would be correct,  There is a nice beach within easy walking distance of the pier and it is lined with various restaurants/cafes...most of who rent (or loan) loungers.  We also enjoyed some decent food and drinks on that beach (I no longer remember at which cafe).  In an older post (on this thread) we suggested that folks try to negotiate a good deal on loungers with the best deal being Free.  Why would anyone let you have loungers and umbrella for free?  You can try to make the case that you will spend money on lunch and drinks :).

Hank

10 hours ago, Hlitner said:

That would be correct,  There is a nice beach within easy walking distance of the pier and it is lined with various restaurants/cafes...most of who rent (or loan) loungers.  We also enjoyed some decent food and drinks on that beach (I no longer remember at which cafe).  In an older post (on this thread) we suggested that folks try to negotiate a good deal on loungers with the best deal being Free.  Why would anyone let you have loungers and umbrella for free?  You can try to make the case that you will spend money on lunch and drinks 🙂

The pier in the background is where the ship docks.

https://goo.gl/maps/gyG6dNZmQtG31gFFA

On 11/14/2021 at 5:04 PM, scottca075 said:

Pre-Covid, but we've done day passes at Secrets Huatulco and Barceló Huatulco and both were wonderful.

We stayed at Secrets and the property does get busier with day passes because they are so cheap one visiting group actually removed our belongings from our lounges while we were away for a few minutes!

On 12/7/2021 at 6:39 PM, sfaaa said:

Except the public washroom. Non AC, lot of flies and you can smell the staunch from a mile away.

Next visit taxi into La Crucecita, it is a nice, quaint town, and the people are very welcoming.

Edited by blue_water

• 3 months later...

Here is a drone view of Huatulco cruise port and its surrounding Santa Cruz Bay. Pretty easy port just to hang around or walk 1.5 mile to its closest town La Crucecita

• Like 1

Huatulco has become one of my favorite destinations in Mexico, maybe #1 even. We've been there three times on a cruise and three times as a land based destination. The easiest thing is to stay in the port area, eat, drink and beach Our favorite spot is Restaurante Bar Doña Celia.

Other than that, we've gotten day passes to Secrets Huatulco or Camino Real Huatulco. Then I get a ride to Playa La Bocana or Playa El Mojon and surf a couple of hours. The DW suns, pools and eats and I join her after surfing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

On 7/5/2023 at 7:26 PM, sochie said:

How far from where the ship docks is Secrets Huatulco? And how did you get there? thanks, Sochie

If you were asking me, there are taxis waiting at the end of the dock. As always in Mexico, negotiate the price before getting in. It is about 6 miles/15 minutes. I don't try to drive a bargain, I just go with what sounds fair.

As an FYI, if you quote the person you are asking a question of, they should get a notification that someone quoted them so hopefully they will respond faster.

• 3 months later...

We are experienced snorkelers, looking for a good opportunity in Huatulco to go off on our own with a guide/boat to visit some good spots, or a resort day pass to snorkel from the beach and have some lunch. Any recommendations would be appreciated. We will be there in April from a cruise ship and don't want to follow the masses.

• 1 month later...