Bluetooth Hearing Aids and the Regent App

captjohn

I just wanted to give a heads up on how to connect an iPhone to a bluetooth hearing aid.

I had some trouble finding how to do it and wanted to pass it on.

Go to Settings - Accessibility - Hearing Devices - Triple click the home button to show hearing devices options - Hearing Devices -

turn ON - Live Listen 

Note : You will need to have the Regent App active and your group/bus # selected.

• Like 1

thank you for this!   This may prompt my dear husband to actually wear his (very expensive) hearing aids!  Quick question…..if he is connected to the iPhone, can I listen on the same phone with connected earbuds?  Or, do we need two phones?  

1 hour ago, forgap said:

thank you for this!   This may prompt my dear husband to actually wear his (very expensive) hearing aids!  Quick question…..if he is connected to the iPhone, can I listen on the same phone with connected earbuds?  Or, do we need two phones?  

No , I don't think so, but I don't really know. I would plan for two I phones

I have not seen any devices provided by Regent. Those without smartphones stood close to the guide.  Also, I have used my smartphone and listened through the smartphone speaker.  When I did this, I stood apart from the group because it created an echo.

On connecting multiple devices via bluetooth to a single Iphone: You need to be running IOS13 or later. If the hearing aid devices are already connected skip to step #2.

1. Connect the first pair of AirPods to your iPhone. ...
  2. Open Control Center on your iPhone by swiping down from the top right corner of the Home Screen. ...
  3. Now you're ready to connect the second pair of AirPods. ...
  4. When your second pair of AirPods appear on the screen, tap Share Audio.

There is one caveat to the above description. Both the hearing aid and 2nd device need to be operating on the same Bluetooth type of connection.  One device cannot be on Bluetooth LE and the 2nd device on Bluetooth 5.0 (Airpods use this).  

3 hours ago, charltonkerry said:

App Store

This thread got me curious, we cruise next May on the Splendor. My phone is Android and I found an app called Regent Seven Seas Cruises in the Google Play Store. Apparently not a well used app, yet.

• Thanks 1

This is the app you need to  download. On shore excursions it  connects to the guide. You select the number of your bus. I've been impressed with how well it works. There are instructions on the in-suite TV as well on using the Smartguide.

5 hours ago, cwbegg said:

This is the app you need to  download. On shore excursions it  connects to the guide. You select the number of your bus. I've been impressed with how well it works. There are instructions on the in-suite TV as well on using the Smartguide.

Thank you got it now. Not the easiest to find but loaded fine.