Dining Preference Question?

jeanlyon

18 hours ago, Britboys said:

I just logged in to check mine for next Summer Jean and I don't have anything next to Bed Configuration either...

I was intrigued with this thread, so I've just had a look.

When I moved our cruise from June 2021 to October 2022 everything was there in all it's glory, bed configuration and freedom dining selected. The whole format has changed since I last looked, and guess what!! Yup, only bed configuration and nothing else. 

Am I surprised?     No.😉

Avril

• Like 1

I have a cruise coming up in the New Year. We have requested a table of 8 Club Dining partly due to the fact that we like to meet other travellers and partly due to another couple we met on our last cruise agreeing we should meet up again. For information if you contact P&O as you wish to be seated with a person or persons from another cabin they give you a code to quote and then you should be seated at dinner with them. Again this is subject to confirmation. I think this has been the case for a long time and maybe due to Covid they won't commit because things may change one way or the other.

Booked Ventura on Monday for 2023, TA took dining preference and table size and confirmed it on their conformation. I too cannot see any dinning options when looking on what used to be called cruise personaliser. I don't think that select fare guarantees choice just gives first dibs, P&O in the past have said that there would not be a problems unless requiring a table for two or ten.

Edited by Bill Y

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I was intrigued with this thread, so I've just had a look.

When I moved our cruise from June 2021 to October 2022 everything was there in all it's glory, bed configuration and freedom dining selected. The whole format has changed since I last looked, and guess what!! Yup, only bed configuration and nothing else. 

Am I surprised?     No.😉

Avril

We are in the same position. No dining preference shown, and no option to choose one.  

11 hours ago, Astrajet said:

We are booked on Aurora to the Canaries next April & the booking confirmation from the TA states "Anytime" next to dining. I'm assuming this means Freedom dining as we would have picked 8.30pm Club dining if it had been available. But, as with some others, I can't access dining preferences in "Already booked?". 

"Anytime" dining was the Princess version of P&O's Freedom dining but I think they recently changed it to "Dine My Way". It's a bit like your favourite supermarket - as soon as you get used to the system, they change it...😀

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ardennais said:

It’s difficult to read your post, that’s what I meant. 

Ok the original poster is concerned about something that might not happen, p&o are moving away from fixed dining times especially on the newer ships, so why not  wait till nearer the time to than post the concerns 

3 hours ago, Bazrat said:

Ok the original poster is concerned about something that might not happen, p&o are moving away from fixed dining times especially on the newer ships, so why not  wait till nearer the time to than post the concerns 

Some may decide that some of the threads on CC are trivial in the grand scheme of things, but to others they may have more importance especially if considered alongside another changes.

We like the option of having a fixed table available at a set time, When on our last P&O cruise on Arcadia in 2019 there were long queues leading to the freedom dining restaurant half hour before the doors opened. With the tales on CC about virtual queues and needing to carry phones it's not our idea of freedom but each to their own.

We have just booked for 2023 to avoid losing FCC, If by then dining options have been phased out and entertainment is a bun fight to pre book the moment you embark then we will bid P&O farewell as its not an experience that we wish to endure.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Bill Y said:

Some may decide that some of the threads on CC are trivial in the grand scheme of things, but to others they may have more importance especially if considered alongside another changes.

We like the option of having a fixed table available at a set time, When on our last P&O cruise on Arcadia in 2019 there were long queues leading to the freedom dining restaurant half hour before the doors opened. With the tales on CC about virtual queues and needing to carry phones it's not our idea of freedom but each to their own.

We have just booked for 2023 to avoid losing FCC, If by then dining options have been phased out and entertainment is a bun fight to pre book the moment you embark then we will bid P&O farewell as its not an experience that we wish to endure.

To be honest if we required a table for two they gave us a buzzer on Arcadia so a bit surprised they didn’t give those in the queues one.

After our last cruise we knew things could change by the day so didn’t bother to post every little change, because obviously it could change again but saying that I remember reading on here someone posted the did not believe that the Caribbean cruises would go ahead so I have a tendency not to believe everything I read on here

the last point you made that wasn’t the experience we had, the webpage style app worked for us if we wanted to go to the cinema or to see a show we just booked it at the time we wished during our cruise, but each there own I believe p&o are eventually catching up with the 21st century 

Edited by Bazrat

2 hours ago, Bill Y said:

Almost all my P&O cruises I take solo and for me, Freedom Dining would be a total nightmare. I'm with you - if P&O drop Club/Fixed Dining across the whole fleet, I too would take my custom elsewhere.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

Almost all my P&O cruises I take solo and for me, Freedom Dining would be a total nightmare. I'm with you - if P&O drop Club/Fixed Dining across the whole fleet, I too would take my custom elsewhere.

That’s the problem we have nobody knows what’s p&o are going to do, so we are all making assumptions hence why I said what is the point of this thread.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bazrat said:

Cruise Critic is the very place to air one’s concerns with regard to all things cruising related. That’s its raison d’être. As far as I know, there’s no rule stating when those concerns should be raised. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ardennais said:

Cruise Critic is the very place to air one’s concerns with regard to all things cruising related. That’s its raison d’être. As far as I know, there’s no rule stating when those concerns should be raised. 

So in your opinion every concern should be aired, rather than wait till closer to the time and than be accurate with your concerns

Just now, Bazrat said:

So in your opinion every concern should be aired, rather than wait till closer to the time and than be accurate with your concerns

Depending on the topic, it might indeed be my opinion that it would be wiser to wait closer to the time. However, it would remain my private opinion because, as I said, there’s no timescale here for sharing concerns. It might not be important to you or me, so I would skip over it, but for some, it could be a real concern. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bazrat said:

That’s the problem we have nobody knows what’s p&o are going to do, so we are all making assumptions hence why I said what is the point of this thread.

Yes, I do know what you mean about none of us knowing but these are discussion boards and many people like throwing out questions, even if no-one can answer them with any sense of certainty.

• Like 2

Jean, I completely understand why you posted your concerns. I don’t post as much as I used to. Some of my posts were never replied to (not interesting enough I imagine), some were replied to negatively (I don’t know why) others were replied to positively by the lovely people on this site (you for one). It’s not the site it used to be (that will get me some more negative comments) but I still enjoy reading the banter and the useful information posted. Keep posting.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Jean, I completely understand why you posted your concerns. I don’t post as much as I used to. Some of my posts were never replied to (not interesting enough I imagine), some were replied to negatively (I don’t know why) others were replied to positively by the lovely people on this site (you for one). It’s not the site it used to be (that will get me some more negative comments) but I still enjoy reading the banter and the useful information posted. Keep posting.

I agree with your sentiment, this is why the "Ignore" option is handy to filter out the people who just want to belittle others or argue for the sake of it.

• Like 3