Cabin Question on the Edge

Bluebury

I hope that someone here can help. 

We are hoping to book a cruise on the Edge and have a choice of a couple of cabins. Both are Aqua class and both on the little hump. One is in the middle of the hump 9236 and the other is at the corner 9240. I have looked on the cabins thread but cannot see what I am looking for, what I want to know - is the one at the corner any better or worse than the one in the middle? Or does it make no difference at all? Does one balcony have better visibility? I expect that the cabins are the same but not necessarily, so comments appreciated.

Thank you

Sharon

Thank you. I was not sure whether there was a side window at the end but realise that there isn't. I have not been on this class of ship, when on the Solstice class those balconies on the end were lightly bigger but I gather these are not. Seems like there is nothing to choose between the 2. 

Will just toss a coin. Kwokpot - have you any comments or thoughts about your experiences in 9240, would you choose it again?

5 hours ago, Bluebury said:

Thank you. I was not sure whether there was a side window at the end but realise that there isn't. I have not been on this class of ship, when on the Solstice class those balconies on the end were lightly bigger but I gather these are not. Seems like there is nothing to choose between the 2. 

Will just toss a coin. Kwokpot - have you any comments or thoughts about your experiences in 9240, would you choose it again?

I enjoyed the location it was right off the aft stairs/elevator. SO you will ALWAYS walk to the right when you leave your cabin, never left. The views looking outside were fine but if you lean out and look down you'll see the lifeboats directly below you but you look further you'll see the water, so no issues with the view.  

The bathroom gets warm because something behind the mirror is heating it up. The mirror is actually hot to the touch, not burning hot but hot, so be aware of that and no need to call maintenance because there's nothing wrong, that's just the way it is. 

Just now, kwokpot said:

I enjoyed the location it was right off the aft stairs/elevator. SO you will ALWAYS walk to the right when you leave your cabin, never left. The views looking outside were fine but if you lean out and look down you'll see the lifeboats directly below you but you look further you'll see the water, so no issues with the view.  

The bathroom gets warm because something behind the mirror is heating it up. The mirror is actually hot to the touch, not burning hot but hot, so be aware of that and no need to call maintenance because there's nothing wrong, that's just the way it is. 

Just remember the room is more like an Oceanview with a floor to ceiling window that opens halfway from the top down to form a ledge for you to lean on. So it's nothing like a standard balcony cabin. Having said that my husband and I generally like the room temp on the warmer side so for a couple of evenings we slept with the window fully down and the temperature was just fine for us (The AC shuts off when the window is open. Also the window has safety sensors so it won't open or close if you're leaning anywhere close to the opening).  It was nice having the gentle sounds of the water lull you to sleep. 

20 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Just remember the room is more like an Oceanview with a floor to ceiling window that opens halfway from the top down to form a ledge for you to lean on. So it's nothing like a standard balcony cabin. Having said that my husband and I generally like the room temp on the warmer side so for a couple of evenings we slept with the window fully down and the temperature was just fine for us (The AC shuts off when the window is open. Also the window has safety sensors so it won't open or close if you're leaning anywhere close to the opening).  It was nice having the gentle sounds of the water lull you to sleep. 

Can you open the window say one or two feet down or is it all or nothing ?

1 hour ago, nikel said:

Can you open the window say one or two feet down or is it all or nothing ?

You can keep the window open/closed at any point. There's a separate up button and down button and it must be pressed continuously for it to operate. Adjacent to the window switches are the pleated blackout shade controls which works the same way. 

19 hours ago, kwokpot said:

You can keep the window open/closed at any point. There's a separate up button and down button and it must be pressed continuously for it to operate. Adjacent to the window switches are the pleated blackout shade controls which works the same way. 

Thanks, so you can then let it down only about one foot to get in some air, so not all the way if you are sailinh in a hot climate and dont want too much hot air to come in, just a little freshness ?

1 hour ago, nikel said:

Thanks, so you can then let it down only about one foot to get in some air, so not all the way if you are sailinh in a hot climate and dont want too much hot air to come in, just a little freshness ?

Exactly