Current Vaccine Wristbands

jrapps

Does anyone know what are the current vaccine wristbands on the ships? (Specifically Symphony if anyone has been on recently). I know in the beginning they were the rubber ones, and then they switched to cloth ones that couldn't be easily removed. Are they still cloth or are they back to rubber?

If you wish to upgrade to WOW bands, can that double as your vaccine band or do you need to wear both?

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Does anyone know what are the current vaccine wristbands on the ships? (Specifically Symphony if anyone has been on recently). I know in the beginning they were the rubber ones, and then they switched to cloth ones that couldn't be easily removed. Are they still cloth or are they back to rubber?

If you wish to upgrade to WOW bands, can that double as your vaccine band or do you need to wear both?

Thanks!

Symphony three weeks ago had cloth bands. We had no options for WOW bands. 

2 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Symphony three weeks ago had cloth bands. We had no options for WOW bands. 

Thanks. Was afraid of that.

Tell me honestly, how annoying was the cloth band? I was perfectly fine with a rubber wristband, but the thought of the extra cloth that dangles on my wrist just annoys me, plus from what I have read you can't even take it off to shower/sleep.

If you have them put it on your non-dominant wrist, it is a little better than having it on your dominant wrist. I preferred the rubber band, but the last few weeks we have only been getting the cloth band (Symphony, Oasis, and currently on

Allure). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jrapps said:

plus from what I have read you can't even take it off to shower/sleep.

This depends on who/how it's put on during check in at the pier - if the check in person allows you to do it, leave it just loose enough to be able to slip off. You could ask GS to cut off the excess cloth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrapps said:

Thanks! In the grand scheme of things, I'm not going to let it affect my cruise, was just curious. Thanks for the info.

@sandebeach I am very jealous of your cruise schedule!

@Biker19 do you know if GS will take it off and give you a new one that isn't super tight if requested?

I am taking advantage of working remote!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I was on Oasis in September and it was a green rubber one.  Trying to imagine what the cloth ones look like or the size of the band.

Great picture above!

I am on Symphony currently.  The cloth bands are the only choice.  I think they switched to those so they could make them tighter to discourage people from taking them off, (and maybe forgetting to put them back on when leaving their cabin).  The cloth doesn't seem to absorb water in the shower or pool.  Not too obtrusive on non dominant wrist.  

They have a little "bead" that slides up the ribbon to get tighter on your wrist.  Once it is tightened, it can't be loosened.  I'm sure you could go to guest services to have it cut off, and a new one put on.  I cut the excess ribbon off of mine.  It will probably fray a little, but is ok for now.

Edited by Grandma Petania

We were on the Allure 10/31 sailing and had the cloth ones.  When first put on they warn you that once pulled tight it can't be loosened.  What I did was to leave mine totally loose.  I Slipped it under my watch band so there was no danger of it falling off accidentally.  That made it convenient to take off when in my cabin for showering/sleeping.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jrapps said:

Does anyone know what are the current vaccine wristbands on the ships? (Specifically Symphony if anyone has been on recently).

On Symphony now with cloth bands.  No WOW bands. I get mine put on loose and then twist and tie it around my watchband since I always wear my watch.

20211110_145822.jpg

• Like 2

On Allure 10/31 and had the cloth ones.  I discovered that if you take it off and mess with it and can't get it back on, slide the plastic thing all the way off and put it back on again from the other side.  I had a few times it was a bit too tight on the wrist, managed to slide it off over my hand and readjust it.

• Like 1

I have found that placing it next to my smart watch I can tuck the excess under my smart watch band and fold it over then finish doing up my smart watch band.  That keeps the excess from dangling into my dinner.  

Now that I have brought home a couple I did some examination to see what made them one way.  They have sharp angled plastic teeth that quickly engage the cloth band if it is pulled the wrong way.  With those dremeled off at home I have a couple two-way retainers that I can carry with me now.  

I've discovered that placing the black retainer between the bathroom door and the door frame on the hinge side of the door then gently closing the door it's easy to crack the black retainer in two.  Then I apply home modified retainers I bring with me for two way operation.  The two half pieces of a broken retainer can be secured with small piece of black electrical tape to make it whole again.  Looks like the original.  

With my home modified two way retainers I can take the wristband off to shower.  It may not soak up water like a cotton towel might but they do get wet and feel gross for a while until they dry.  They also attract dirt when wet which can't be super hygienic.   

I have three of the rubber bands from past cruises so when the colors match I just go with a rubber band.  I've met other frequent cruisers in the lounge that have done the same.  

On one occasion they offered me a choice in the terminal at check in.  On Freedom in the lounge a rubber version was offered to me and the lounge concierge cut off the cloth one.  Reports on another ship that guest services had rubbers upon request.  Sometimes though all they have is the cloth ones and I am missing one of the common colors in the rubber version so sometimes I have to go with the cloth version.   

Now waiting for all the posts that inform me what a horrible person I am for hacking the wrist bands...  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

I do not wear a watch and have not for years.  The idea of wearing something on either wrist really does not set well with me.  However, if that is what it takes to cruise I'll put up with it but that does not mean I have to like it.  

My first task upon getting to the room will be to take a pair of clippers and cut off any excess .. 

• Like 2

We had cloth one's on the Indy. When it is wet it is annoying. I managed to slide mine off my wrist to shower and sleep. I kept it where I kept my Sign and Sail card and mask hanging on the hook headed out the door.  

Do you think they would have a problem if I put it on my lanyard, which I would wear always? I’m used to wearing a lanyard due to taking public transportation.

I also could carry a photo copy of my vax card in with my sail pass in said lanyard?

I have carpal tunnel in both wrists so the cloth one would put more pressure on the nerve .

I too will gladly wear it if absolutely necessary, just to cruise 🚢.

TIA

Edited by Maitaivegas