Vibe and Suite Concierge on Joy

vacation44

7 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

If first class is filled with screaming children I will be happy to have that business class seat to move to! I can still use everything in first class when I want.

Ahhhh...the screaming children fallacy. Good one.

If you really want to avoid screaming children, why not just book a studio cabin? No kids allowed, not even walking through the hallways.

But I want the luxury of the Haven you say? Just not when your're paying hang out in the Vibe? OIC.

On 11/12/2021 at 7:48 AM, Sthrngary said:

Fair questions and by the way, I do love the area you live in, "Jersey Shore".  

Here is the reason and all I ask is that those that read my comment please do not be harsh.  I am telling the truth and not trying to be cruel. When you stay in the Haven, it has lots of Haven Two-Bedroom Family Villa's in the Haven Courtyard.  This means, knowing how NCL attracts family business, two guest in the cabin are free.  Those guest are children usually.

On more then one occasions, these younger unsupervised children take over the pool and hot tub in the Haven Courtyard.  It goes from quiet and relaxing to a splash pool.  Not ideal and happens more during Holiday Cruises.  NOTE: Parents, I am not talking about YOUR children. I am talking about someone else's kids where their parents think the Haven Courtyard is really the kids club.  

Therefore, the other alternative is the Haven Sundeck.  Well the Haven Sundeck only has hot tubs on the bigger ships like the Encore, Joy and Bliss.  The Getaway has no hot tubs.  When this happens, the Vibe Beach Club becomes an option for Haven Guests.  

OK, I am not kid bashing.  I am parent bashing for those that do not supervise their kids using the excuse this it their vacation also.  That is why their are kids area's, kids clubs and other parents make sure their children do not create a scene.  

Let the hate posts begin.  I just wanted to show your question accurate and truthful answers. 

I hope that makes sense. 

Cruise well.

100% agree. This is why we always request Vibe passes even when staying in the Haven during holidays. Im wondering if the Prima will be different though. 🤔

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

100% agree. This is why we always request Vibe passes even when staying in the Haven during holidays. Im wondering if the Prima will be different though. 🤔

Do you request the Vibe passes in advance or when you get on the ship?

If we are not in Haven, hope to be next cruise but may notbe, we are platinum for the first time, where do we find the concierge to assist us with bookings etc and as we experienced a wonderful concierge on our last Haven cruise, what differences should I expect?

3 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Do you request the Vibe passes in advance or when you get on the ship?

No. I requested them once I got onboard. The concierge was able to get us day passes rather than weekly passes. We only wanted to go to Vibe on sea days. This was pre COVID if that matters. 

On 11/15/2021 at 8:42 AM, HBCcruiser said:

No. I requested them once I got onboard. The concierge was able to get us day passes rather than weekly passes. We only wanted to go to Vibe on sea days. This was pre COVID if that matters. 

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Offering a different opinion...  my wife and I love to sit at an outside bar, talk with other people, including the bartenders, and socialize.  There is nowhere in the Haven to do this.  At night sitting at the inside bar is great, but we don't want to be inside during the day.  We also don't sit on a lounge chair all day, so just because we can get a drink misses the point.  It isn't about the drinking, we can do that with a drink package anywhere, it's about doing it at a nice outside bar.

12 hours ago, wdwcrazy said:

Offering a different opinion...  my wife and I love to sit at an outside bar, talk with other people, including the bartenders, and socialize.  There is nowhere in the Haven to do this.  At night sitting at the inside bar is great, but we don't want to be inside during the day.  We also don't sit on a lounge chair all day, so just because we can get a drink misses the point.  It isn't about the drinking, we can do that with a drink package anywhere, it's about doing it at a nice outside bar.

Thank you for your thoughts.   On all of our NCL cruises, there has always been a water front and we actually do spend a lot of time there.  Especially in the early mornings.   

Last week NCL actually took the concierge away as a perk (along with all the other included amenities) with the regular non-haven suites so the option of asking concierge is no longer available to me.  

Anyone know the current cost of Vibe on Joy?   It's been awhile since we've had passes (on Escape) and they were $99 then.  I know it's gone up.

Have not been in Haven but I can say I love the quietness of Vibe and the attention of the staff...  drinks, cool towels, fruit skewers, ice cream... they're very attentive without being intrusive.  

No pool but there was a hot tub and a nice misting area when I was on Escape. 

2 minutes ago, TenForward said:

Anyone know the current cost of Vibe on Joy?   It's been awhile since we've had passes (on Escape) and they were $99 then.  I know it's gone up.

Have not been in Haven but I can say I love the quietness of Vibe and the attention of the staff...  drinks, cool towels, fruit skewers, ice cream... they're very attentive without being intrusive.  

No pool but there was a hot tub and a nice misting area when I was on Escape. 

When we last sailed in May 2019 on the Escape, the price was $209 per person.   There has been little talk of the current Vibe situation on the board.

• Like 1