Vibe and Suite Concierge on Joy

vacation44

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

I know that if you are in a Haven room, your concierge can assist you in obtaining Vibe passes.   How about for regular suites where you will have concierge service?

The answer is Yes.  The better answer is Vibe pass on ships that are 60% capacity will be easier to gain.  The Vibe is a very nice place and I really like it.  I highly recommend it also.  That being said, when the ship is low on guest count and for the next few months no children onboard so to speak, it may be empty.  

Just a guess. Regardless, great place.

Thank you, Sthrngary.     Our Vibe pass success is 100% as we have always been successful in obtaining one.  However, we were always at the port at the crack of dawn to be in an early boarding group.  Now with testing being done at the pier, we lose control in being in an early boarding group. 

Originally we were not interested in securing Vibe passes since the passenger rate has been significantly lower and no children allowed.  However, this is a February 12, 2022 cruise which falls during winter break for some and I think with the new COVID shot availability now for more children, this cruise might be more crowded than what has been the norm lately and with children.

So, would we reach out to concierge beforehand and request their assistance in securing the passes for us? 

5 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Thank you, Sthrngary.     Our Vibe pass success is 100% as we have always been successful in obtaining one.  However, we were always at the port at the crack of dawn to be in an early boarding group.  Now with testing being done at the pier, we lose control in being in an early boarding group. 

Originally we were not interested in securing Vibe passes since the passenger rate has been significantly lower and no children allowed.  However, this is a February 12, 2022 cruise which falls during winter break for some and I think with the new COVID shot availability now for more children, this cruise might be more crowded than what has been the norm lately and with children.

So, would we reach out to concierge beforehand and request their assistance in securing the passes for us? 

Try, I have never been successful with that.  Yet, the moment you get onboard, when every that is, go to the Concierge.  They always have some if my memory serves.  Good luck and enjoy.

I have heard that Haven people purchase Vibe passes. I've never had a Vibe pass which I understand is a private sundeck lounge area.  However, I don't understand why a Haven person who already has a private area would want a pass for the Vibe.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, kitty-sail said:

I have heard that Haven people purchase Vibe passes. I've never had a Vibe pass which I understand is a private sundeck lounge area.  However, I don't understand why a Haven person who already has a private area would want a pass for the Vibe.

We will not be in a Haven suite, but will be in a concierge suite.

8 minutes ago, kitty-sail said:

Fair questions and by the way, I do love the area you live in, "Jersey Shore".  

Here is the reason and all I ask is that those that read my comment please do not be harsh.  I am telling the truth and not trying to be cruel. When you stay in the Haven, it has lots of Haven Two-Bedroom Family Villa's in the Haven Courtyard.  This means, knowing how NCL attracts family business, two guest in the cabin are free.  Those guest are children usually.

On more then one occasions, these younger unsupervised children take over the pool and hot tub in the Haven Courtyard.  It goes from quiet and relaxing to a splash pool.  Not ideal and happens more during Holiday Cruises.  NOTE: Parents, I am not talking about YOUR children. I am talking about someone else's kids where their parents think the Haven Courtyard is really the kids club.  

Therefore, the other alternative is the Haven Sundeck.  Well the Haven Sundeck only has hot tubs on the bigger ships like the Encore, Joy and Bliss.  The Getaway has no hot tubs.  When this happens, the Vibe Beach Club becomes an option for Haven Guests.  

OK, I am not kid bashing.  I am parent bashing for those that do not supervise their kids using the excuse this it their vacation also.  That is why their are kids area's, kids clubs and other parents make sure their children do not create a scene.  

Let the hate posts begin.  I just wanted to show your question accurate and truthful answers. 

I hope that makes sense. 

Cruise well.

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Fair questions and by the way, I do love the area you live in, "Jersey Shore".  

Thanks, Hubby and I are both water people and love it here.

Re Vibe - I've never experienced too much kid trouble in Haven so not really understanding the need but see why it would be an option.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, vacation44 said:

But the metal remains gold if you are not in Haven.  We are hoping for two gold metals.

Yeah, except it doesn't work that way. You'll just be the person who not only won the gold medal, but then paid extra to stand on the lower platform with the silver medalist.

On 11/12/2021 at 10:48 AM, Sthrngary said:

Therefore, the other alternative is the Haven Sundeck.  Well the Haven Sundeck only has hot tubs on the bigger ships like the Encore, Joy and Bliss.  The Getaway has no hot tubs.  When this happens, the Vibe Beach Club becomes an option for Haven Guests.  

Plus, there is no bar on the Haven sundeck. Haven guests can place orders when (if?) there are servers around taking drink orders but in VIBE, the bar is right there and the service is more personalized. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Plus, there is no bar on the Haven sundeck. Haven guests can place orders when (if?) there are servers around taking drink orders but in VIBE, the bar is right there and the service is more personalized. 

Is there a pool in the Vibe or just hot tubs?

On 11/12/2021 at 6:25 PM, SeaShark said:

Purchasing Vibe passes when you're in the Haven is like winning a gold medal and having it bronzed.

The Haven is the gold medel but the courtyard isn't if there are too many children there. Having VIBE passes then is like getting two gold medals!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sverigecruiser said:

The Haven is the gold medel but the courtyard isn't if there are too many children there. Having VIBE passes then is like getting two gold medals!  

No...having Vibe passes is like paying extra for a business class seat when you are already ticketed in first class.

• Haha 1

Lets re-approach this topic.  Would I consider a Vibe Beach Pass if Cruising on the NCL Joy?  

Yes.

Is the Vibe Beach Pass a good value?

Depends on why you are considering it.  It is relative just like upgrading a Premium Drink Program to a Premium Plus Drink Program.  Just like paying a significant premium for a Haven Suite rather then a balcony. Up to the person and what they are looking to achieve with their purchase.

Is the Vibe Beach Pass worth it if I am already in the Haven?

Again it is relative.  If you are on a ship like the Joy, where the Haven sundeck has two hot tubs.  The only thing you are missing is the bar.  Since the Joy has folks serving you drinks and ask if you need anything all the time, probably not.  HOWEVER, if you are on a smaller ship like the Getaway, where the Haven Sundeck does not have Hot tubes.  It is worth consideration.  Especially if the Haven Courtyard has a lot of unsupervised children making it a splash pool from morning until evening.  

Value is all relative.  Do it if it makes sense to you.  Don't if it does not.  What is important is you enjoy your time on your cruise.  If it takes a Vibe Beach Club pass, I say, go for it.  

Cruise well everyone.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

Is the Vibe Beach Pass a good value?

Depends on why you are considering it.  It is relative just like upgrading a Premium Drink Program to a Premium Plus Drink Program.  Just like paying a significant premium for a Haven Suite rather then a balcony. Up to the person and what they are looking to achieve with their purchase.

Your logic is backwards. While moving from Premium Drink to Premium Plus Drink is an upgrade, and while moving from a balcony to a Haven Suite is an upgrade, moving from the Haven to the Vibe is a downgrade.

You have the regular "free" pool deck (this is the good), you can then pay to upgrade to the Vibe (this is the better), or you can completely upgrade to the Haven (this is the best).

People try to claim they want the Vibe because of the bar. I call BS. Two people in the Vibe is over $400 for the week. I would bet that if you walked into the Haven on day 1, went up to one of the bar staff and handed them the $400 (or even half of that) and said..."when I'm out on the sundeck, please make sure I don't have to go looking when my glass runs empty"...that you would NEVER be lacking for bar service.

When you're in a luxury suite, you don't buy a ticket for the bleachers to watch the game.

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2021 at 6:51 AM, vacation44 said:

I know that if you are in a Haven room, your concierge can assist you in obtaining Vibe passes.   How about for regular suites where you will have concierge service?

The Suites Concierge will be in La Cucina on Deck 8 on embarkation day. But,,, if you are going there, you might as well just go to Deck 6 and get the passes yourself. Other hours, the Concierge has a desk at Guest Services. 

28 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Your logic is backwards. While moving from Premium Drink to Premium Plus Drink is an upgrade, and while moving from a balcony to a Haven Suite is an upgrade, moving from the Haven to the Vibe is a downgrade.

You have the regular "free" pool deck (this is the good), you can then pay to upgrade to the Vibe (this is the better), or you can completely upgrade to the Haven (this is the best).

People try to claim they want the Vibe because of the bar. I call BS. Two people in the Vibe is over $400 for the week. I would bet that if you walked into the Haven on day 1, went up to one of the bar staff and handed them the $400 (or even half of that) and said..."when I'm out on the sundeck, please make sure I don't have to go looking when my glass runs empty"...that you would NEVER be lacking for bar service.

When you're in a luxury suite, you don't buy a ticket for the bleachers to watch the game.

I respect your opinion.  Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The Suites Concierge will be in La Cucina on Deck 8 on embarkation day. But,,, if you are going there, you might as well just go to Deck 6 and get the passes yourself. Other hours, the Concierge has a desk at Guest Services. 

Thank you.  Also, is the Vibe on the Joy on both port and starboard?  I have been reading different reports.

6 hours ago, SeaShark said:

No...having Vibe passes is like paying extra for a business class seat when you are already ticketed in first class.

If first class is filled with screaming children I will be happy to have that business class seat to move to! I can still use everything in first class when I want.

• Like 2