If you are a suite guest...

COCKYMARK

8 minutes ago, COCKYMARK said:

Should you go ahead on the cruiseplanner and get show and dinner reservations or is it fine to wait on cruise and let concierge do it? thanks!

I don’t believe show reservations are available on line. 

We always make My Time or specialty dinner reservations in advance ourselves.  

If you are in a suite with a Genie, I would wait and let he/she take care of everything for me. 

If in another type of suite, If you wait, you run the risk of your preferred restaurant/time  being available. 
m

Edited by cruisegirl1

Just now, COCKYMARK said:

Someone had mentioned they have reserved seats for suite guests...is that true? for the shows.

Since the return to cruising, I have not seen reserved seating. But then again, I wasn’t looking for it since generally don’t like the suite reserved seating areas. The only one I like is for the ice show and I did not see it on a recent Allure cruise.

7 minutes ago, COCKYMARK said:

Someone had mentioned they have reserved seats for suite guests...is that true? for the shows.

Pre-COVID that was true.....post-COVID it seems that reserved seating is now only for Star class suites that have a Genie.

8 minutes ago, COCKYMARK said:

Last month we were in a grand suite.  We had to wait until on board to reserve.  The only sections that had reserved seats were those suites with a genie.  This was on Symphony.

41 minutes ago, COCKYMARK said:

Should you go ahead on the cruiseplanner and get show and dinner reservations or is it fine to wait on cruise and let concierge do it? thanks!

When we were on the Oasis in September in a CLS the Concierge told us he had made reservations for all the shows for us. I don’t really know if it was assigned seating or just reservations because we never used them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, COCKYMARK said:

Rules keep on changing, you should get a email with a list of the current suite perks like reserved seats about 5 days before sailing, I am hoping for the reserved seats like in the past , we are sailing in 12 days so should get email next week.

• Like 1

Current suite perks is that you can arrive 45min beforehand and get seats. Its a crapshoot. Protocols have been released through March 2022. Since you sail in April, who knows what will happen. Planner might allow you to book shows and they might return to reserve suite seating. Until then if you sail in a suite the concierge will book your shows and dinning as they can only be booked onboard. You will be at the mercy of the seat Gods. 

1 hour ago, COCKYMARK said:

Thanks cruisegirl...going in april.

Everything is likely to be quite different in April, but on both our August Allure and our October b2b on Allure the suite concierge was able to make all of our specialty dining and Coastal Kitchen reservations pre cruise. We don’t do the shows any more, but the email that we received the week before we sailed suggested that he could do those reservations as well.

6 hours ago, COCKYMARK said:

We let the Concierge do it.  When we got the email from the concierge a week or so before our cruise, I responded to that email with my dining preferences.  Got them all.  While on board I also asked the Concierge to book us the show (Mama Mia) for later that week.  

• Like 2

About a week or so before we sailed on Oasis in October, our suite concierge emailed us, so we replied with the dates and times we wanted for shows. We also made dinner reservations in Coastal Kitchen. They did a fantastic job with communicating before the cruise.

• Like 2

Not sure what ship you are on , but other posters alluding to Oasis class .

There are several you tube videos on crown loft suites .

Oasis and Allure have the walk in shower in the loft.

Harmony and Symphony have a tub . 

Other than that , not much different .

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, George C said:

Rules keep on changing, you should get a email with a list of the current suite perks like reserved seats about 5 days before sailing, I am hoping for the reserved seats like in the past , we are sailing in 12 days so should get email next week.

Unless you are in Star class,  you may need to lower your seating  expectations.   Enjoy the cruise.

M

11 hours ago, COCKYMARK said:

Hi Jalves...do you have any pictures or videos of 1702? thanks!

Sorry, I do not have pictures of that unit.  However, I see that others have posted pictures and can confirm that this is exactly what ours looked like.

The Concierge's on Harmony contacted us 6 days before the TA 3 weeks ago.  They made all reservations for us for dining both at Coastal Kitchen and the Specialties we wanted to try.  They also provided a list of the shows on Friday before the cruise and secured reservations for the ones we wanted.

They were also extremely helpful once on board with a few issues we had.  They truly made a difference in our cruise.  Jackie & Lily on the Harmony are a great team!!

• Like 2