Dont like the cookies any more!!

sharon&family

Guest BasicSailor
7 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Along the same lines - I feel that the desserts and such at the coffee place are not as tasty as perhaps they once were. Lots of show, little go. Or, maybe it was just my diminished sense of taste/smell post-Covid (~ 1 month at that point). 

PXL_20210812_172409091-X2.jpg

I have to agree, They look better that they taste ,seems the taste is nowhere near what it use to be . Less sugar or something

I never thought to post it here, but since someone already did...

I immediately noticed a downgrade in chocolate chip cookies since the restart. My go-to lido desert used to be the aforementioned cookie(s) at the bottom of a soft-serve ice cream bowl.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, TechDiva said:

I felt the same.  I was on the Magic Halloween cruise and was excited about getting the cookies again, so I purchased 2 of them.  Normally I would have eaten them immediately but I nibbled at one of them throughout the day and ended up throwing the 2nd one away.  There really is something different about them.

8 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

I’m with you on the chocolate chip cookies! I think they’ve definitely changed their recipe! Not nearly as good before the COVID came along. It’s my lunchtime treat to go get a bowl full of the chocolate soft serve ice cream and then 3 of the chocolate chip cookies. So good. Been on 3 Magic cruises since the restart, cookies were not very good, was disappointing.  Glad you mentioned this, I will email Carnival and ask what they did. Y’all can all joke about this, but it’s the little things that make me happy on my cruise.

Update: I just emailed guest care, so when they reply, I’ll let y’all know! 

4 hours ago, SCBarker said:

I never thought to post it here, but since someone already did...

I immediately noticed a downgrade in chocolate chip cookies since the restart. My go-to lido desert used to be the aforementioned cookie(s) at the bottom of a soft-serve ice cream bowl.

There’s a very big probability the previous option they used is currently on backorder due to supply chain issues and was substituted for a different brand by their food-service distributor. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

There’s a very big probability the previous option they used is currently on backorder due to supply chain issues and was substituted for a different brand by their food-service distributor. 

The recipe for good cookies is pretty simple, perhaps they should try making them fresh onboard (I halfway assumed they did to begin with).

Tom

• Like 1

It is my understanding that the ship makes all their pastries, pasta and other food offerings.  They have a full commercial galley including staff and do not buy anything already prepared including cut up meat or fish.  I would assume therefore that the cookie recipe has been changed for the worst IMO.

• Like 1

Oh, and if anyone is looking for whole milk (to go with their cookies), the only place I've been able to get that onboard has been where they make the milkshakes. Perhaps that's changed, but as of a couple years back, only reduced fat options elsewhere.

Tom

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE ON CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE

I had recently emailed Carnival about the change in the chocolate chip cookies and wanted everyone know I got a response this morning. The mix they use fleetwide is Jacquelines Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. The lady did not know if this was a different brand, so has forwarded my question to Hotel & Beverage Management, so we shall see!  If/when I get a response, I’ll let you know!

22 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

UPDATE ON CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE

The mix they use fleetwide is Jacquelines Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. 

I had always thought that the cookies were just frozen ones that Carnival baked.  If you notice, they are always the exact same size.  No imperfections like you get when you bake from scratch.  That led me to believe that they were just frozen ones that were baked when needed.  

I just did a search for Jacquelines Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and I was right.  It's not a mix,  It's frozen cookies ready for baking.

https://www.foodservicedirect.com/jacquelines-chocolate-chip-vegan-cookie-dough-1-5-ounce-210-per-case-23007092.html

Apparently, they switched the supplier if they aren't the same as they use to be.

Edited by RWolver672
  • Like 2

On 11/15/2021 at 1:07 PM, firefly333 said:

Lol I wouldnt eat any of their cookies before but now ate the new type chocolate chip. I thought better than the cacky kind of the others. None were good enough to eat more than 1 bite.

Lol we are all different.

Rcl makes the only really good cookies. Always been something carnival lacked so I was glad of one kind finally I liked. 

We board Royals Liberty in 2 weeks. The coconut ranger cookies are all my DH keeps talking about. 🤣😂 We love them.

1 hour ago, cynt said:

We board Royals Liberty in 2 weeks. The coconut ranger cookies are all my DH keeps talking about. 🤣😂 We love them.

We're on the Independence now - where can I find some of those (for purely scientific research/comparison purposes only, LOL)

Tom

3 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We're on the Independence now - where can I find some of those (for purely scientific research/comparison purposes only, LOL)

Tom

😁🤣

Cafe promenade and the Windjammer. Note: they do not serve them every day. 

Edited by cynt

The chocolate chip cookies I got (4 the first night) at the café were bordering on hard/crunchy. I ate two, and wrapped the others up in a napkin and set them on the counter in our cabin. The next morning (owing to ~70% humidity in the cabin), they were PEFECT... lol

Tom

• Like 2

January 2020 we were on the Carnival Magic and seen a lady filling a zip lock 1 gallon freezer bag with the sugar cookies, when one of the staff members confronted her she yelled that her last cruise they ran out and the cookies and those cookies was the reason that she sailed on Carnival!

"It  takes every kind of people to make the world go round"(Robert Palmer)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Frank12 said:

Us too!

On 12/5/2021 at 6:50 PM, nicnic96 said:

Count us in as fans of the new ones!  Sorry, we liked the fact that they weren't so crunchy!  We never ate the old ones and now we seek out the new ones.

The old recipe cookies were not crunchy at all, they were soft but hard enough to not fall apart when you ate them. These new ones are just too crunchy, they fall apart when you try to take a bite out of them. Y’all have nothing to compare to if you’ve never eaten the old ones.

• Like 2