Dont like the cookies any more!!

sharon&family

I used to love carnivals chocolate chip cookies.  I would eat about 30 of them a cruise.  I was on the Mardi Gras recently and the cookies are now different.  The cookies are more like toll house which are ok but definitely not the same.  The sugar cookies were very good and had the crumbly texture like their choc chip cookies used to be.  I was very disappointed.  Am I the only one who noticed this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Lol I wouldnt eat any of their cookies before but now ate the new type chocolate chip. I thought better than the cacky kind of the others. None were good enough to eat more than 1 bite.

Lol we are all different.

Rcl makes the only really good cookies. Always been something carnival lacked so I was glad of one kind finally I liked. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, sharon&family said:

I used to love carnivals chocolate chip cookies.  I would eat about 30 of them a cruise.  I was on the Mardi Gras recently and the cookies are now different.  The cookies are more like toll house which are ok but definitely not the same.  The sugar cookies were very good and had the crumbly texture like their choc chip cookies used to be.  I was very disappointed.  Am I the only one who noticed this?

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Guest BasicSailor

You should complain directly to Carnival . They answer all emails and sometimes will throw a cruise in there for compensation  😁

3 hours ago, staceyglow said:

At the sandwich place on the Pride, they had some really delicious cookies that they put on the plate with your sandwich - dark chocolate dough with peanut butter chips and a little sea salt sprinkled on top.  

I love those!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ARcruisin2 said:

each to his own... I like soft cookies, but my Mom loved crisp cookies she could dunk in her coffee 🙂

like others, this made me smile.... a sign of normalcy when this is the biggest problem of the day... I'll take it!

Now we need a couple of chair hogs thrown in there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, sharon&family said:

I felt the same.  I was on the Magic Halloween cruise and was excited about getting the cookies again, so I purchased 2 of them.  Normally I would have eaten them immediately but I nibbled at one of them throughout the day and ended up throwing the 2nd one away.  There really is something different about them.

• Like 1

Just now, TechDiva said:

I felt the same.  I was on the Magic Halloween cruise and was excited about getting the cookies again, so I purchased 2 of them.  Normally I would have eaten them immediately but I nibbled at one of them throughout the day and ended up throwing the 2nd one away.  There really is something different about them.

Perhaps they're all leftovers from pre-Covid...

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Forget about the cookies.  Lunch time cake on the Vista and Excel Class ships is where it's at.  With a side of gelato to boot makes it even better. 🍰🍨

The buffet display of cakes at lunch each day on Magic was amazing.  I concur, pass on the cookies.

Along the same lines - I feel that the desserts and such at the coffee place are not as tasty as perhaps they once were. Lots of show, little go. Or, maybe it was just my diminished sense of taste/smell post-Covid (~ 1 month at that point). 

PXL_20210812_172409091-X2.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/15/2021 at 2:02 PM, sharon&family said:

I’m with you on the chocolate chip cookies! I think they’ve definitely changed their recipe! Not nearly as good before the COVID came along. It’s my lunchtime treat to go get a bowl full of the chocolate soft serve ice cream and then 3 of the chocolate chip cookies. So good. Been on 3 Magic cruises since the restart, cookies were not very good, was disappointing.  Glad you mentioned this, I will email Carnival and ask what they did. Y’all can all joke about this, but it’s the little things that make me happy on my cruise.

Update: I just emailed guest care, so when they reply, I’ll let y’all know! 

Edited by Bostwick girl
Update
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

I’m with you on the chocolate chip cookies! I think they’ve definitely changed their recipe! Not nearly as good before the COVID came along. It’s my lunchtime treat to go get a bowl full of the chocolate soft serve ice cream and then 3 of the chocolate chip cookies. So good. Been on 3 Magic cruises since the restart, cookies were not very good, was disappointing.  Glad you mentioned this, I will email Carnival and ask what they did. Y’all can all joke about this, but it’s the little things that make me happy on my cruise.

Update: I just emailed guest care, so when they reply, I’ll let y’all know! 

can't hurt to ask.

If no one tells them they do not taste good anymore... how will they know to improve?

just a thought, it might be shortage of an ingredient... or a switch in what they are using due to supply chain issues. 

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor

With all this cookie talk I awoke this morning with the urge to dip a cookie in my coffee. So with a happy face I begun dipping the cookie in my coffee  . Well the thing got soggy and went straight to the bottom of the cup . I know there's more in the world with life problems but, I wanted that damn cookie .

Image result for crying smiley face anamation