QM2 Deck 6

wenlyn

Hi All

We are due to sail on 1/12 and I have just printed my luggage tags and discovered we are nor where we thought we'd be. We had said our preferred cabin is 4018 when we were booking we were told that during the payment process that grade of cabin had sold out and we'd be the next band up. We said so long as we were on deck o 4 or 5 we'd be happy.

Today I find we are in 6250. My husband is very sensitive to noise and I fear our much looked forward to trip will be ruined - we booked because he really needs to unwind. I'm concerned that this will mean he will just be constantly irritated and stressed due to people walking/running over head. 

Does anyone have a first hand account of a deck 6 cabin? I've tried to find a review of one but failed.

What are my chances of getting moved? This is a charter cruise with a TA should I contact them or Cunard do you think?

I would think there would be less noise on deck 6, than a cabin over the theatre, forward on deck 4. In December there will be very few hardy persons on the deck 7 when at sea, ( of sure where you are going). We have been on deck 6 with no problems, like the previous poster.

As  it is a charter cruise, there is no point in contacting Cunard as your contract is with the travel agent.

I am sure all will be relaxing for you.

3 hours ago, wenlyn said:

We are due to sail on 1/12 ...

@wenlyn, please pardon this interruption now that several posters have replied to your concerns about deck 6. I'm looking for the dress code and theme schedule for this 1 December 2021 QM2 "Canaries Sailcation" voyage.

Would you be so kind as to post which dates are going to be the Gala evenings for your voyage and what the themes (if any) are going to be on those Gala evenings? That information ought to be listed within your day-by-day Calendar in "My Cunard".

Thanks in advance if you are able to help me fill in this gap in the QM2 "Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2021-22" which I've been compiling for the sticky near the top of this forum.

5 hours ago, LadyL1 said:

I would think there would be less noise on deck 6, than a cabin over the theatre, forward on deck 4.

For what it's worth, there are more and less quiet stateroom locations on Deck 4 forward. In 2019 I traveled westbound from Hamburg in 4022 after carefully determining that it was over the corridor outside the entrance to Illuminations. Walking down the passageway from the B lifts to the stateroom I could easily hear rehearsals and performances in the Royal Court and now I know not to book, for example, those inside staterooms just ahead of the lift lobby, but I never heard noise from Royal Court or Illuminations in the room the entire nine nights. 

13 hours ago, bluemarble said:

@wenlyn, please pardon this interruption now that several posters have replied to your concerns about deck 6. I'm looking for the dress code and theme schedule for this 1 December 2021 QM2 "Canaries Sailcation" voyage.

Would you be so kind as to post which dates are going to be the Gala evenings for your voyage and what the themes (if any) are going to be on those Gala evenings? That information ought to be listed within your day-by-day Calendar in "My Cunard".

Thanks in advance if you are able to help me fill in this gap in the QM2 "Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2021-22" which I've been compiling for the sticky near the top of this forum.

Here you are 

Dress code for your cruise. 
1-Dec-2021 Southampton - Smart Attire 

2-Dec 2021 At Sea – Gala Evening Black & White 

3-Dec 2021 At Sea – Smart Attire 

4-Dec 2021 Lisbon, Portugal – Smart Attire 

5-Dec 2021 At Sea – Smart Attire 

6-Dec 2021 Fuerteventura, Canary Islands – Gala Evening Roaring 20’s 

7-Dec 2021 Lanzarote, Canary Islands – Smart Attire 

8-Dec 2021 Tenerife, Canary Islands – Smart Attire 

9-Dec 2021 Funchal, Madeira – Smart Attire 

10-Dec 2021 At Sea – Smart Attire 

11-Dec 2021 At Sea – Gala Evening Red & Gold 

12-Dec 2021 At Sea – Smart Attire 

13-Dec 2021 Southampton 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

This is the area we request everytime. Great location, not noisy. Awesome to walk down the hall and onto the aft deck. 

Ooh I hadn't thought about that aspect. Maybe I shouldn't worry then. 

Thanks very much to everyone for the reassurance. I'll let you know how we get on.

Deck 6 is not so bad. Maybe a slight blessing actually as you can go up one flight of stairs and be at the food. Now with Covid, restrictions on how many can be on an elevator.. you only have one floor of stairs to walk up to deck 7.

I'm on deck four inside cabin (Jan 3rd Ny-Hamburg) and they have my cabin right in front of the theater. I'm sure we will get noise there unless they upgrade us.