What is one thing you wish Carnival did differently?

talkorpi

So I haven't been able to cruise in a while (college student on a budget, lol) so I'm pretty much limited to living viariously through photo reviews on CC.  However, this all got me thinking - what is one thing you would change about Carnival if you could?  It could be literally anything - just wanted to have a discussion.

I'll start - I wish Carnival offered solo staterooms.  I have always wanted to try a solo cruise but Carnival is pretty much one of the only major lines that doesnt seem to offer solo staterooms at this point - I wish they would include at least a few on their new ships as it's way too expensive for me to pay double occupancy!

What are some other things y'all would like to see changed going forward?  Doesn't matter how realistic or unrealistic the change would be - this is meant to be a fun discussion!

• Like 4

I only have 2 cruises under my belt, and a third booked in April, so not a lot of experience.  I do wish Carnival would expand the list if ports of call, or at least switch up the itineraries a bit even though I haven’t been to most of the islands.  I know there are technical and logistical reasons for the itineraries they have, but why must all 7 day cruises travel the same circuit if you’re passing other islands anyway?  I don’t know if that makes sense, but I’d like a mix-or-match approach, and a few more options for location. I guess that would shoot prices up though. 

• Like 6

My preferred change is probably silly, but also seems so simple!

Better towels- For all of the modernization they've undergone, they still use the "everwet" bath towels that seem invincible to any efforts to air dry them, and the sandpaper wash clothes, that combined with beach sand feel like your trying to remove your skin with every shower. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

I'll start - I wish Carnival offered solo staterooms.  I have always wanted to try a solo cruise but Carnival is pretty much one of the only major lines that doesnt seem to offer solo staterooms at this point - I wish they would include at least a few on their new ships as it's way too expensive for me to pay double occupancy!

1A was a solo stateroom with 0 solo supplement back when I didnt cruise solo so didnt help me. I can remember the out cry when they went to 50% solo supplement on these cabins ... and then went to double occupancy to push family cruising they wanted to attract.

Now the new mardi gras even did away with 1A category designed for solos. Got one of the worst 1As I've ever seen on breeze last leg. Avoid for me. Bed in the corner so every time I turned over I hit the wall. It was a upper and lower. Paying double occupancy for these cabins is crazy. 

Designed for solos originally when these ships were built. Very few have beds that push together. 

I'd like to see them cater a bit more to solos myself. Give a perk at some loyalty level like rcl does. 

20211030_122213.jpg

• Like 3

Guest BasicSailor

I preferred the past guest party with the invitation to everyone ,perhaps allow them one drink when entering. What sense does it make to go into a room filled with people that have already achieved the top tiers . Where's the incentive to drive newbies further up the ladder. Finally revamp the loyalty program to allow a Diamond members a lounge for themselves with horsdoeuvres ( light snacks ) and drinks each evening.😎

39 minutes ago, Indytraveler83 said:

My preferred change is probably silly, but also seems so simple!

Better towels- For all of the modernization they've undergone, they still use the "everwet" bath towels that seem invincible to any efforts to air dry them, and the sandpaper wash clothes, that combined with beach sand feel like your trying to remove your skin with every shower. 

Just try to think of the washcloths as a free exfoliation! Imagine what the Spa would charge you for this service. I never try to air dry the towels, they go onto the floor for the cabin steward to take and replace with clean, dry towels - regardless of Carnival's little sign to reuse the towels for the good of the environment. That's ironic coming from a cruise line that spews tons of garbage into the oceans every day!

• Like 5

Add hot breakfast room service choices, no charge.

And go back to the no charge room service 24 hours/day.

Although, assuming I will be retiring before DW...doing something with the single supplement for solo cruisers would be nice.

• Like 6

I wish Carnival would allow you to add the drink package at booking so that you could roll it into your payments. Similar to what Disney (not the cruiseline) did when they had their dining plan. Makes it way easier to pay for than 1 big lump sum.

And I'm fully aware that there are people who will say "but you're still paying the same amount" and that is true. It would just make it easier.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Pyxie said:

I wish Carnival would allow you to add the drink package at booking so that you could roll it into your payments. Similar to what Disney (not the cruiseline) did when they had their dining plan. Makes it way easier to pay for than 1 big lump sum.

And I'm fully aware that there are people who will say "but you're still paying the same amount" and that is true. It would just make it easier.

They sort of are doing that now-have you received the emails "Cheers included" . The lowest level deal, code RU9 is basically just adding the cost of Cheers to the cruise fare

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ngrund said:

They sort of are doing that now-have you received the emails "Cheers included" . The lowest level deal, code RU9 is basically just adding the cost of Cheers to the cruise fare

Yes sort of true at the moment and I am booked under one of those codes right now. Just wish I could do it all the time.

1 minute ago, Pyxie said:

Yes sort of true at the moment and I am booked under one of those codes right now. Just wish I could do it all the time.

If you need to break up the payments, you could also buy Carnival gift cards as funds allow (or put in separate savings account), then pay for Cheers with the gift cards

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nlktx49 said:

Just try to think of the washcloths as a free exfoliation! Imagine what the Spa would charge you for this service. I never try to air dry the towels, they go onto the floor for the cabin steward to take and replace with clean, dry towels - regardless of Carnival's little sign to reuse the towels for the good of the environment. That's ironic coming from a cruise line that spews tons of garbage into the oceans every day!

My solution for the bath towels has been to ask for a spare set of beach towels each time the room steward greets us as the beginning of the cruise.  They are typically more than happy to do it, and the beach towels are wonderful.

Now the wash clothes... Lol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nessachelle said:

I wish they would allow me to use my OBC before my cruise to purchase things like drink packages through the cruise planner like RCL does.  

Same thing for using OBC for purchasing excursions like Princess does.