How cold is the Allure?

Carol28

Germs will not be warded off in any temperature that we can tolerate with a sweater or light jacket at night. It's just cool, because people prefer to put on a sweater vs being uncomfortably toasty. Think of it as a mandate by the masses.

2 hours ago, Carol28 said:

I always need a sweater on a ship  for dinner and nighttime activities. I'm wondering if they are keeping the ship extra cold to ward off germs? 

The interior of the ship is kept at the same temperature. Cold air does not ward off germs. The biggest source of heat are bodies and equipment. The HVAC needs to dump large volumes of cold air through vents to maintain that temperature. If you are sitting directly under a vent, you will get cold air. 

Edited by BirdTravels

I've never been cold on any ship and we've been on quite a few in different classes, including Allure.  And, actually viruses prefer warmer temps and moist ones.  As for cabins being cold, there is a thermostat.  I have never needed a sweater or jacket.