Diamond Plus C&A Benefits for 18 year olds?

cello56

Is this new that they can get the drinks?  Only 18+ maybe? Before the pandemic it was super hit or miss depending on the Loyalty Ambassador/ship.  I have a now 14 year old who qualifies for sometime now for Diamond Plus on her own, and some ships she was given full benefits and some they would only give her the crappy kid benefits.  She would love a free photo and free non-alcoholic drinks!

3 minutes ago, sharktums said:

Is this new that they can get the drinks?  Only 18+ maybe? Before the pandemic it was super hit or miss depending on the Loyalty Ambassador/ship.  I have a now 14 year old who qualifies for sometime now for Diamond Plus on her own, and some ships she was given full benefits and some they would only give her the crappy kid benefits.  She would love a free photo and free non-alcoholic drinks!

Yes, it's new.

12 hours ago, cello56 said:

Does anyone know if 18 year olds get Diamond Plus benefits on board? For example do they get the five drinks per day? (Obviously virgin ones!) What about the two days of free wifi? Thanks for any input. 

First, once you turn 18, you are now independent of your parents.  Your parents no longer have access to your number, and you gain points on your own.  If you are Diamond Plus, than you get all Diamond plus benefits as an adult on the ship.  That includes 5 free drinks, and depending on local rules (USA or Europe or Asia etc) that would mean either real drinks or virgin ones.

1 hour ago, love2cruise23 said:

So kids under the age of 18 can get soda or virgin drinks from their selective status? Or is this only for those over 18 years of age? Just curious as I will cancel the soda package if my teens get four free drinks a day.

Thanks for the clarification.

Youth letter from Allure in 2021 in this post:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2615839-crown-and-anchor-onboard-offers-all-levels-including-youth-allure/?do=findComment&comment=62024394

I don't know if C&A has a bottom age limit for benefits through parent relationship status.  You can email them and ask.

I do know someone who is D+ with kids that have single digit ages and they have stated their kids recently received five drink vouchers for non-alcoholic beverages.  Would an infant or toddler?  Don't know. 

• Like 1

I'm Diamond level and taking my nephew (age 19) on his first cruise in March.   We're sharing a room so will he also get the 4 drinks loaded on his card daily as well as any other Diamond perks?   I sail mostly on Celebrity where that's allowed.   It's been 5 years since I sailed on Royal. 

5 minutes ago, Panzano said:

I'm Diamond level and taking my nephew (age 19) on his first cruise in March.   We're sharing a room so will he also get the 4 drinks loaded on his card daily as well as any other Diamond perks?   I sail mostly on Celebrity where that's allowed.   It's been 5 years since I sailed on Royal. 

As another poster said on another thread when you asked, "No, diamond benefits are not per cabin, they are specific to the person's C&A level". As it should be. However you can share your 4 daily drinks with him. 

Edited by davekathy

1 minute ago, Panzano said:

No, only minors under age 18 who cruise with their legal guardian and whose C&A account is linked to the guardian’s C&A account will receive the perks.

Reports are that an adult with an under age person can get alcoholic drinks using the under aged person vouchers.

So you can use theirs for expensive drinks and pay for their juice and sodas. 😄