Princess "Cyber Event" Deals

LACruiser88

It depends if the new pricing is under the same promo and fare code as the original booking.  If it has not changed, then a re-fare works.  Let's say you booked on the first day of the current Cyber Sale and then you saw a $100 drop today.  You just re-fare.

• Thanks 1

So many of the Princess "deals" tout the reduced deposit but we always use FCD so our deposit is only the (already paid) $100 plus we get OBC for using the FCD. I don't really see the reduced deposit as much of an incentive since, even if not using FCD, the deposit "savings" is really only a deferred payment anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

It depends if the new pricing is under the same promo and fare code as the original booking.  If it has not changed, then a re-fare works.  Let's say you booked on the first day of the current Cyber Sale and then you saw a $100 drop today.  You just re-fare.

Although ... some TA's seem to have some magic and with supervisor intervention can get a new fare code updated into and existing booking and re-fare and keep the original.  That preserves a FCD deposit that may have since expired (although Princess can/will extend).  It preserves other items such as S/H OBC, other ordered items, applied monies, etc.  It may depend on the situation, but I have real-world example of one TA doing a cancel/re-book and another at same agency doing a re-fare (with Princess intervention) on separate bookings for the exact same voyage with same cabin category and same prior fare code.  Go figure.

Note that if a cancel/re-book is being done, make sure the FCD's have not expired - and if so, have them extended first.  Otherwise, they disappear and are triggered for refund the same evening.  (I just rescued two on Friday whereas two others had been restored with a new date.  Just a bad fluke I guess, but I spotted the problem in time).

• Like 1