What to do in PR with 3 pm arrival time?

cruisincuzz

We will be on Anthem of the Seas in early February.  We are a group of four ranging from early 60's to early 70's.  We all have knee problems.  We love history, beaches, nature, etc., but the 3 pm arrival time really limits the possibilities.  Is there anything we can do other than limping around Old San Juan?  We would love to see the forts, but we will be too late for that.  Any ideas?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I posted this in response to another topic:

My last cruise put us in San Juan 3:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.  

I looked into Viator’s Rainforest Zipline in the El Yunque Foothills.  From San Juan, the last pickup is 3:00 p.m., so we could not make it.   [I am not affiliated with Viator, but it is my tour provider of choice.  You might be able to save some money by going with the actual tour provider, but I like the convenience of all-in-one planning.]  

Puerto Rico has some beautiful beaches, but not right by the Port, and a 3:30 arrival makes it too late to enjoy a beach day.

There are phosphorescent beaches, but distance from the port and the 11:00 p.m. departure time rules those out.

Bacardi rum factory – Bacardi tours are very limited due to Covid and there was no tour on our day in port.

My best option:  Viator’s San Juan Catamaran Sunset Sail.  5:00 p.m. departure, for two hours, so this worked for us.  It meant no time for a walking tour of Old San Juan, but the view of El Morro from a small boat on the water is amazing, it lets you feel how massive these fortresses were!  We were back on board in time for a late dinner!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2022 at 8:27 PM, Mike45LC said:

I posted this in response to another topic:

My last cruise put us in San Juan 3:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.  

I looked into Viator’s Rainforest Zipline in the El Yunque Foothills.  From San Juan, the last pickup is 3:00 p.m., so we could not make it.   [I am not affiliated with Viator, but it is my tour provider of choice.  You might be able to save some money by going with the actual tour provider, but I like the convenience of all-in-one planning.]  

Puerto Rico has some beautiful beaches, but not right by the Port, and a 3:30 arrival makes it too late to enjoy a beach day.

There are phosphorescent beaches, but distance from the port and the 11:00 p.m. departure time rules those out.

Bacardi rum factory – Bacardi tours are very limited due to Covid and there was no tour on our day in port.

My best option:  Viator’s San Juan Catamaran Sunset Sail.  5:00 p.m. departure, for two hours, so this worked for us.  It meant no time for a walking tour of Old San Juan, but the view of El Morro from a small boat on the water is amazing, it lets you feel how massive these fortresses were!  We were back on board in time for a late dinner!

I appreciate this suggestion! Struggling for ideas with same timeframe problem. 

• 2 months later...