The Importance of Not Allowing Changes to Ruin Your Vacation

Stockjock

2 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Actually, with respect to cruising, there might be a 3rd type and that's me.

Try hard to rectify problems in a nice and polite way before the cruise.

Once on the cruise, don't worry about much of anything.  Put things out of our control behind us and have a nice time.

Upon our return, address issues which may still need to be addressed, again in a polite manner.

So what happens when the cruise has sailed, you have repeatedly called and am always told the canned response of a supervisor will get back to you in 48-72 hours and they never do?

29 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

So what happens when the cruise has sailed, you have repeatedly called and am always told the canned response of a supervisor will get back to you in 48-72 hours and they never do?

If it's an important issue, keep trying, within reason.  But once on the ship, try to put the problems behind you until you return.  

If it's a big deal, I am a nice but squeaky wheel.  But that will change on the ship.  I want to have a fun time, and dwelling on that which is currently out of my control doesn't make for a fun time.

• Like 1

Just now, quattrohead said:

Vote with your wallet.

That too.  My first experience on MSC in 2016 was so good, that MSC was just about all that we looked at.  But since there have been some frustrating issues that weren't handled well by MSC, I'll still book the right itinerary and price, but definitely more inclined to look at other options. 

I think that MSC and other cruise lines should want to foster brand loyalty, but you're not going to get that without solid customer service, imo.

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

If it's a big deal, I am a nice but squeaky wheel.

That's me, too.  If need to be, I can be a "squeaky wheel" on a ship.  I had a situation on a Christmas cruise aboard the Prinsendam.  My family told me that they had sent me a gift of a significant amount of onboard credit that had not appeared on my account.  Nor, did I receive notice of that in my suite.  I inquired at the Front Office about that.  "We'll check on it.  Let you know tomorrow; it's the job of the Night Auditor to handle such items."  Next 2 days, the same response.  The following day, a Purser Officer was present when I made another inquiry of a Front Office staff member.  She overheard my conversation with that individual and inquired what was going on.  When I told her my story, she said "I'll take care of it".  And, she did.  I received notification of the receipt of my gift before I retired for the night.  

• Like 2

On 11/18/2021 at 9:03 PM, perakcruiser said:

but how to visit Bali on a one day cruise stop? 

A shore excursion by the ship is the way that I have done that.  Unless one is well familiar with the port/area, trying to do it on one's own would not be easy.

5 hours ago, styles27 said:

Life is a gift it’s too bad so many live their entire lives without learning that.

So true.  The more senior day by day I become, I am thankful to see another sunrise and another sunset.  

5 hours ago, styles27 said:

We all have the power to make that choice every single day. 
I’m a glass half full person, I wake up every morning and choose to be happy because none of us know when our last day is. 
In the grand scheme of things I can’t worry about missing a port of call or not having crispy bacon in the buffet or any of the stupid petty things some people complain about. 

Those who have the mindset of complaining about every little thing may have a very bad surprise in store for them.  One's abilities, one's health as one becomes more senior does not always remain as it once was.  For those that can walk the long distances in a cruise terminal to embark or disembark a cruise ship, be thankful that one can do so.  I hope for you that will always be true.  But, a power beyond us may have different plans for you in the future.  

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 10:18 AM, mscdivina2016 said:

But remember, this is a cruise line that will remove the daily service charge to compensate you and will do it for future cruises by putting it in their notes. This shows that they not only don't care about the customers but the hard working crew as well. I know this first hand.

Please show where this is printed on MSCs website.  

6 hours ago, kidless said:

I find it amusing 🤣to listen to people complaining about people complaining! 🍿 🍷 😆 carry on! 

For some people a great holiday is one full of complaints.  Even where the complaint isn't resolved there are many potential benefits - connecting to people, ego reinforcement, self validation etc.  

Without complaints this forum could be very boring.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, 8420PR said:

Without complaints this forum could be very boring.

Disagree!  It's one of the most interesting forums on CC that I read.  HAL's Message Board used to be very interesting, but, it has become much less active with interesting posts than MSC's.  In my opinion, of course.  

11 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

has become much less active with interesting posts than MSC's.  In my opinion, of course.  

Where else can you watch a company cause their own train wreck and then keep crashing more trains into their own into the wreck they currently have?

• Like 1

Being able to accept an injustice and move is an important life skill. If you choose not to use that skill and fight, more power to you. But make sure it’s something you are choosing to do, not something you have to do. 

My father never had that skill. Through much of his life, that wasn’t a problem. But as he got older, the perceived injustices grew while his ability to fight faded. He spent far too much of his twilight years angry. 

3 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Being able to accept an injustice and move is an important life skill. If you choose not to use that skill and fight, more power to you. But make sure it’s something you are choosing to do, not something you have to do. 

My father never had that skill. Through much of his life, that wasn’t a problem. But as he got older, the perceived injustices grew while his ability to fight faded. He spent far too much of his twilight years angry. 

There is an injustice and then there is an outright disgusting act.

What they did was bad. They need to make it right.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Where else can you watch a company cause their own train wreck and then keep crashing more trains into their own into the wreck they currently have?

This is true, but please don't take it out on the ship crew. They are going a fantastic job....despite the best efforts of HQ to eff things up.

MSC has been like this for 11 years, it isn't going to change until they change the management.

10 minutes ago, quattrohead said:

This is true, but please don't take it out on the ship crew. They are going a fantastic job....despite the best efforts of HQ to eff things up.

MSC has been like this for 11 years, it isn't going to change until they change the management.

I have no real intention on taking it out on the crew. I just need a simple request filled.

Have someone with authority call me, or give me a number to call them, or make the call from the desk and put me on or arrange for an in person meeting on turn around day for my b2b.

Do this on day 1 and we are good. Not unreasonable for what they did. By the way, I still do not have my refund yet for that debacle.

I will also expect them to do something.  I am super flexible and reasonable as long as you treat me the same. 

8 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

If I am reading this post and the others that you wrote that followed correctly, how are you construing what I posted about HAL's Message Board's activity and being of interest to me with MSC?  

35 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

If I am reading this post and the others that you wrote that followed correctly, how are you construing what I posted about HAL's Message Board's activity and being of interest to me with MSC?  

You were 100% correct.  

There is very little of interest going on, on some of the other forums. The only forum that has anything going on lately is MSC.  Not because of the wonderful things they are doing but the constant issues that they keep creating. 

I happen to be part of a few of them.  I may have a new one today.  I just managed to grab a 7 night cruise, Balcony, booze and wifi for $910 in January.  Probably an error, we will see. I do have a confirmation, no payment has been made but its due tomorrow.

If I misconstrued your post I apologize as that was not my intent.No further replies after that were meant to relate to yours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

You were 100% correct.  

There is very little of interest going on, on some of the other forums. The only forum that has anything going on lately is MSC.  Not because of the wonderful things they are doing but the constant issues that they keep creating. 

I appreciate you responding; thank you.  

14 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

What did they do?

Had a Yacht club Grand suite paid in full leaving on my Birthday. Less than a month before sailing they booted me out of Yacht club into a Balcony on Deck 8 with no reduction in fare. Yacht club is 4 times the cost of a balcony.

They gave the ship to a Salsa group which had another of their ships booked but did not make it to the USA.

I hired a lawyer, and found out that the terms and conditions basically screw you over every possible way.

The supervisor told us that if we don't like it, cancel.

They had my money for a year. I told them to just put me on any 7 day sailing leaving a Florida port of their choosing from October thru February at no additional cost. NO!