NHS covid pass for travel

CeaJay

You can also phone 119 with your name, date of birth, NHS number and post code and request a written format pass which will be a lot easier to show to persons requiring it on a cruise. This is available in different languages and formats such as large print or braille. The booster jabs were added to the information on 19 November 2021.

Regards John

3 hours ago, Jammy Bun said:

My OH doesn't have a smart phone - do you think it's best to just use a paper pass for our upcoming cruise?  (just applied for them)

Thanks

JB

That was all I used, others in my party just used their smart phones. It was quicker for the staff at Southampton to inspect a paper version.  Once inside the terminal an old Nokia mobile was ok for my text about the covid result.  Presumably you could share the same phone for covid text results.

Regards John

• Like 1

On 11/20/2021 at 8:15 AM, john watson said:

request a written format pass

One of the benefits of the printed form they send you is that it is not time limited, whereas printing off the online version,as a PDF, is time limited (one month?). You can either phone as John suggests or apply for it online (which is what I did).

Worth noting that, if you're visiting an EU country, your pass needs to be dated from 1 November. But worth hanging on if you're not travelling for a while as I reckon it's likely countries will start to require evidence of booster jabs, a well

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, RBrowny said:

Just reading this. Do you need the booster to be fully vaccinated now? 

Depending on when you had the last of the two vaccinations,  some countries now require proof of a booster jab for entry. 

• Like 1

I believe it is now an EU recommendation to its member countries to require booster evidence if the second jab was more than 270 days prior. Certainly several countries, including Spain & Malta, now require this for entry.

7 hours ago, john watson said:

Not on Princess/

Not sure about other lines but I should think no.

Regards John

I think it will change anyway, and be mandatory - which is fine.

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

Depending on when you had the last of the two vaccinations,  some countries now require proof of a booster jab for entry. 

Yeah, think cruise lines will change and some countries will require it - not an issue.

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

I think that any line that accepts non-vaccinated passengers anytime soon will receive a great deal of negative customer reaction. The negativity will far outweigh any positivity.

Absolutely, completely agree with you.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RBrowny said:

Just reading this. Do you need the booster to be fully vaccinated now? 

Fred is now saying that if you have had your second vaccine less than three months before you sail, then you will need a booster jab as well. 

You need seven clear days after a booster jab, or fourteen days after a second vaccine dose before you sail as well.

Edited by tring