Covid 19 testing with Royal Caribbean test kit.

bschmitt

2 hours ago, travelhound said:

So you have the option to just print the PDF that is emailed to you and not use the app.  Is that correct?

Yes. Able to print the results. There were two different formats - one they emailed as a password protected pdf and one printed out of the navica web page. The 2nd had a bar code, but from experience in August cruise with CVS they were fine with paper and no bar code. 

i am bringing a stack of paper tomorrow 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carol28 said:

Do I have to set up an account with Navica before calling the number?

You do not call any number. You use a web page (if you have a camera / mic on a computer) or a phone/tablet. 

I suggest a laptop as they ask you to point the camera up/down depending on the step. And it’s supposed remain stable during the 15 minute wait time. 

if you go to emed.com and click on “take test” you can see all the steps up to the point they ask you to actually connect.  It prompted to create a navica account if you didn’t have one. 

My husband and I just did the test today for our Celebrity cruise Monday. They use the same one. We used our phones. It is necessary to download the Navica app and we couldn't do it on our computers that use the microsoft store. We had to use android. The directions are clear, it took about 30 min start to finish, and we had the approved results immediately to show at the cruise terminal. It is a bit pricy, but we knew it was the approved test and method of reporting.

22 hours ago, travelhound said:

If you take the test on the laptop, is there any reason to download the app, or is email sufficient to get your certified results?

You must download the NAVICA app and set up an account for each person taking a test…….

Your results will be sent to the NAVICA app and will also be sent as a PDF to your email.  You can then either print out the results and take it with you to the port for checkin or if you don’t have a printer you can show the person at the port the results in your phone…

Downloading the app is an absolute requirement to taking the test….

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, travelhound said:

So you have the option to just print the PDF that is emailed to you and not use the app.  Is that correct?

No that is not correct….if you don’t download the NAVICA app then you cannot take the test.  It is a requirement.

Is there a reason you don’t want to download the app?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carol28 said:

Do I have to set up an account with Navica before calling the number?

Yes you do and you can go ahead and do that at anytime.  That way when you are ready to take your test you can just log into the app.  Everything is done online….you do not call a number…

Edited by GTO-Girl

40 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

Yes you do and you can go ahead and do that at anytime.  That way when you are ready to take your test you can just log into the app.  Everything is done online….you do not call a number…

ok - but I go to emed, select take test, then it says login to navica or create account. If you click create account it sends an email with a link to verify the email. But doesn’t ask for an app. So…

We used the tests for our cruise 10 days ago.  One of the tests liquid bottle was completely dry.  It was a good thing we had an extra test or we would have been in trouble.  I strongly urge a back up test box be available.

Emed did send us a replacement test but if we’d not had an extra we would have had to scramble.

We will use them again if necessary for cruising next year.  Except for the dry bottle it was easy and fairly quick.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, emdia43 said:

Very good How to video. The proctor is difficult to understand but all goes smoothly in the end. 

Just as a note, you 100% should not do what this woman is doing in her video thumbnail when taking the test!! Picking up the test once closed will invalidate the results immediately. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, AustinCruise said:

ok - but I go to emed, select take test, then it says login to navica or create account. If you click create account it sends an email with a link to verify the email. But doesn’t ask for an app. So…

Create your Navica account now and then just log out of it.  

Then whenever you are ready to actually take your test go to Emed.com, select take test, login to Navica app and then put your login information for your Navica account previously created.  From that point it will walk you through it

2 hours ago, AstoriaPreppy said:

Just as a note, you 100% should not do what this woman is doing in her video thumbnail when taking the test!! Picking up the test once closed will invalidate the results immediately. 

Thanks.  Why is that? 

On 11/20/2021 at 9:16 PM, GTO-Girl said:

No that is not correct….if you don’t download the NAVICA app then you cannot take the test.  It is a requirement.

Is there a reason you don’t want to download the app?

Nope, I was just getting conflicting information on whether the app was necessary.  So apparently you have to use a browser and the app to complete the test.  

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 4:30 PM, emdia43 said:

Thanks.  Why is that? 

On 11/21/2021 at 4:41 PM, DallasGuy75219 said:

The problem isn't picking it up per se but rather that if the test is out of view of the camera they don't know the test they're reading/confirming after 15 minutes is the same one they watched you take.

Picking up the kit can screw up the results. It’s clearly noted in the instructions in the kit (and that show up on your screen as you’re taking the proctored test). 

7E2E798F-B20B-49BC-9355-FE1DB64FCD9C.jpeg

Edited by AstoriaPreppy
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, travelhound said:

Nope, I was just getting conflicting information on whether the app was necessary.  So apparently you have to use a browser and the app to complete the test.  

You do not need the app. You can create a Navica account from their website. https://www.mynavica.abbott/ . You need to create a separate account for each person, children can be on an adults account. It actually looked like I could have added my wife to mine simply by attesting I was authorized to act for them. You can use the same E-mail if you want them to all go to one. You can print out the results. Although I had the results on my phone/email, I used the printed version for my wife and I on our last cruise. Made it easy.

Edited by RedIguana

5 hours ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

FYI to my friends in Ohio, the public libraries all have the emed / binax now testing kits and are distributed for free.  I picked up several for an upcoming cruise in February for my wife and I.

Are they the monitored test or just a home test?  There is a difference, and the just home test may not be valid for pre-cruise.

Edited by shellunderwater

6 hours ago, shellunderwater said:

Are they the monitored test or just a home test?  There is a difference, and the just home test may not be valid for pre-cruise.

The binax kits being distributed at Ohio libraries are the web proctored versions and are good for prrcruise

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gfargo53 said:

if after you take the test and you then wait the 15 minutes or so

does the phone screen go black if no activity or will it stay lit

Note to self: make sure to go into Settings and under the Display & Brightness tab change the Auto-lock to NEVER before taking the test.

😎

• Like 1