Barbados tour question

Bethcb

We will be on the Rotterdam December 1 and have booked both independent and ship tour for Barbados. Would prefer the independent tour with Viator but was wondering if anyone knows from a recent stop there, if the independent tours are allowed now. I need to cancel one if these tours soon. Thanks! 

We were in Barbados last month (stayed at Sandals and then took a Seabourn cruise) and at that time there was no way for a cruiser to do a private tour.  The island had (it may have changed) a very strict COVID protocol.  Even when we stayed at Sandals (4 days) we were not permitted to venture out on our own until we had been tested (this can be done at the airport or many hotels/resorts) with a PCR test and received the negative results (which took us about 12 hours).  Those who did not spend time to get tested/cleared on the island were permitted to take "Bubble tours"which were sold by the cruise ship.

Hank

• Thanks 1

On the most recent Rotterdam sailing last week they were told that only ship excursions were allowed, but when they arrived they were told that they could go out on their own. We will be there two weeks from today. I contacted a walking tour operator that someone on our roll call found, and she told me, "Yes, the communication has been quite fluid" and is willing to refund if we cannot do the tour.

The Celebrity website does claim that only ship tours can be done.