Best Location for Cabana Rental CocoCay

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

If you want an honest answer, I would save my money and not do any.

With the reduced capacity, the island is uncrowded. We have been to CocoCay 4 times since restart. (Full disclosure, 2 of the 4 times were at the Coco Beach Club). But, we found that the socially distant loungers on chill beach were just as good as the club. Close to food. Close to a bar. The last time we were there, the Freedom and Allure were both on the island at the same time and it wasn't crowded. 

I might tend to agree, however, capacity is climbing quickly and in the latest press conferences, it sound like by spring, they are shooting for full capacity or close to it.  For me, I know we have two ships at the island that day, an oasis class and a Freedom class.  I want to know I have my 'space' if it starts to feel 'too people-y'  😛     

There are a few reasons we booked the Chill Island Cabana at this price point.                                           1. It's a price we are willing to pay for what we want. 2. My husband and I have both had skin cancer and like the shade a cabana can provide vs an umbrella. 3. We are going with a group of friends (new and old) and it will give a private party vibe for our last day 🙂

Everyone is at a different stage in their lives, like a new car your mileage will vary depending on how you drive 😉

• Like 3

My Water park cabana hasn't changed in price ($699) for our April 2022 cruise since I purchased it several months ago. Was hoping with the Black Friday pricing it would. Actually none of the cabanas prices have.

4 minutes ago, Ashland said:

My Water park cabana hasn't changed in price ($699) for our April 2022 cruise since I purchased it several months ago. Was hoping with the Black Friday pricing it would. Actually none of the cabanas prices have.

None of the cabana prices have changed at all in my planner either.  I was looking at the over the water cabana however, since there was no price deduction for black Friday and there is a very good chance we would have to pay tax on top of the $2150, I think we will pass.  At least for now.  

36 minutes ago, tinkertwo said:

None of the cabana prices have changed at all in my planner either.  I was looking at the over the water cabana however, since there was no price deduction for black Friday and there is a very good chance we would have to pay tax on top of the $2150, I think we will pass.  At least for now.  

The over the water on my date was $1699 but all sold out.

Not to hijack the thread, but what's the difference in location between a Chill Island cabana versus a beach bed? We dont need a full cabana, so considering a beach bed. They are listed at $199 for our December sailing. I saw on here someone got one for $99 on a sailing. Man, that sounds much better, lol. Just wondering about location though.  I dont want a view of tons of people in front of me. Cabanas seem to have prime locations near the water. Anyone have a recent beacg bed experience at CoCo Cay? 

On 11/23/2021 at 4:25 PM, BirdTravels said:

If you want an honest answer, I would save my money and not do any.

With the reduced capacity, the island is uncrowded. We have been to CocoCay 4 times since restart. (Full disclosure, 2 of the 4 times were at the Coco Beach Club). But, we found that the socially distant loungers on chill beach were just as good as the club. Close to food. Close to a bar. The last time we were there, the Freedom and Allure were both on the island at the same time and it wasn't crowded. For us, hot dogs and hamburgers were better than the $199 lobster we had at the club. 

I hear you. This cruise is Symphony next July 2022 and I am expecting capacity to be way up. I still think we are the only ship there that day. And we have the UDP so we will be eating very good. A hot dog and hamburber might be a nice break.