Mardi Gras / Live / Solo / Nov-27-Dec-04-2021...

sid_9169

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I think that my best strategy for getting back online tomorrow is to leave my phone turned on while charging tonight with the volume turned to zero in case of an alert... That way, there's at least continuity of connection... Yeah, that's the ticket...

You can't be too buzzed if you were able to come up with an intelligent game plan like that.

• Like 1

It's looking like a beautiful day here in Costa Maya... No real game plan here, but to possibly head over to the Malecon to have a swim in the ocean. Leaving the phone on was a solid plan until about the middle of the night when a loud "Droid!!!" sound awakened me... I turned the ringer down, but apparently the alerts are a whole nother section... Anyhoo, at least it works this morning... Carnival Pride about to pull in beside us.

PXL_20211130_122119890.jpg

• Like 12

Coffee aquired at Bar Della Rosa... I did finally find Java Blue yesterday, but this is closer and never has a line. Right next to it is an exit to the outer deck, wherein you have to use the dreaded green button thingy, but I figured it out yesterday. I'll demonstrate. Place one of the flat edges of your finger against the button, and hold it there... Of course, you could just press your thumb or other fingertip straight down on it, but this teqnique is for those of us who are a little more "careful" with trying to avoid whomever might have been picking their nose or who knows what...

PXL_20211130_123019143.thumb.jpg.9b8da87fa7176f279c16b51ef148a739.jpg

PXL_20211130_123021840.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

I guess that I won't be getting any towel animals this week... I told the room steward all I need is to exchange whatever towels I use for clean ones. Other than that, I don't need any kind of service. I'm a naturally clean and tidy person, and I know these guys are worked half to death, so he didn't push the issue when I told him that... In fact, he seemed relieved...

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 15

16 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I told the room steward all I need is to exchange whatever towels I use for clean ones. Other than that, I don't need any kind of service.

But I love crawling into a beautifully made-up bed at night. I only use half of the king-size bed, so only 50% needs to be made up. 😀

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

But I love crawling into a beautifully made-up bed at night. I only use half of the king-size bed, so only 50% needs to be made up. 😀

Me too! And I toss & turn all night so the bed is a complete mess in the morning! Not to mention I'm nowhere as neat as Sid!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

I sleep sideways across the entire bed, so I'm getting my money's worth...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I think that I may have decided to just stay on board today and call it a sea day... It'll give me a chance to get caught up on my ship pictures. Plus, I have the Chef's Table tonight, so going out and drinking tequila all day probably won't improve my enjoyment of that...

• Like 14

I went down to guest services to see about transferring the money from my second reservation at Rudi's for the Steakhouse on Friday night. A couple of phone calls later, it looks like they were able to do it. No offense to Rudi's, there was nothing wrong with it, I just wanted to enjoy as many dining options as possible... Speaking of that, what's for lunch today?

PXL_20211130_152141916.thumb.jpg.684628be9aa8be5786d7da9033a5c3f1.jpg

PXL_20211130_152147223.jpg

• Like 8