Diamond drink voucher: Another question.

SlightDraw

I will have a deluxe drink package. My question is do I have to say “do not use vouchers” every time I get a drink. Our plan is using my wife’s and my vouchers for her,  understanding that I can share my vouchers. So yes, we purchased a deluxe beverage package for myself and a refreshment package for my wife.

36 minutes ago, SlightDraw said:

I will have a deluxe drink package. My question is do I have to say “do not use vouchers” every time I get a drink. Our plan is using my wife’s and my vouchers for her,  understanding that I can share my vouchers. So yes, we purchased a deluxe beverage package for myself and a refreshment package for my wife.

Is this something new?  The reason I asked is I was told if one adult in the cabin wanted a deluxe beverage package, then both had to have one.   I haven't purchased one since my wife doesn't drink alcohol.  

15 minutes ago, PerferWarmWeather said:

Is this something new?  The reason I asked is I was told if one adult in the cabin wanted a deluxe beverage package, then both had to have one.   I haven't purchased one since my wife doesn't drink alcohol.  

No not new, this has always been an available exception. To note, you must call them to book this way. If you book online it will make you buy deluxe for all adults in your cabin.. 

If you have the drink package, I doubt you will also have vouchers loaded onto your card.  It's probably the same when you have the VOOM surf & stream internet package.  Your D or D+ free days aren't loaded onto your account.

BTW, if your wife doesn't drink (reason they allowed you the package & she refreshment only) why does she need any vouchers at all?

2 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

If you have the drink package, I doubt you will also have vouchers loaded onto your card.  It's probably the same when you have the VOOM surf & stream internet package.  Your D or D+ free days aren't loaded onto your account.

BTW, if your wife doesn't drink (reason they allowed you the package & she refreshment only) why does she need any vouchers at all?

Wrong. The C&A drinks will be loaded on the Seapass card along with all the other C&A perks/benefit. 

The vouchers are also good for other drinks besides alcohol drinks. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Wrong. The C&A drinks will be loaded on the Seapass card along with all the other C&A perks/benefit. 

That's not true.  I had the internet package and my two D+ internet days were NOT loaded onto my seapass.  They were in the past, but that changed.   I only suspect the same if someone has the drink package.  

Just now, Auntiemomo said:

That's not true.  I had the internet package and my two D+ internet days were NOT loaded onto my seapass.  They were in the past, but that changed.   I only suspect the same if someone has the drink package.  

Not what I've read recently on CC from those returning from cruises. 

16 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Not what I've read recently on CC from those returning from cruises. 

I'm talking from personal experience concerning the internet.  I only "suspect" it would be the same for the beverage package.  The rationale they gave for the internet was "you already have it, so you don't need the free days."  I imagine the same for the coupons for free D drinks.

I understand the refreshment package probably covers most non-alcoholic drinks.  Can't imagine needing 8 or 10 D or D+ coupons a day unless they are for alcoholic drinks.  Just saying.

Edited by Auntiemomo

3 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

I'm talking from personal experience concerning the internet.  I only "suspect" it would be the same for the beverage package.  The rationale they gave for the internet was "you already have it, so you don't need the free days."  I imagine the same for the coupons for free D drinks.

I understand the refreshment package probably covers most non-alcoholic drinks.  Can't imagine needing 8 or 10 D or D+ coupons a day unless they are for alcoholic drinks.  Just saying.

I'll give you the internet based only on your persnoal experience. But disagree with your assumption the drinks are not being loaded on the Seapss card ( D=4, D+=5, P=6) if someone has the DBP.   

41 minutes ago, davekathy said:

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I'll give you the internet based only on your persnoal experience. But disagree with your assumption the drinks are not being loaded on the Seapss card ( D=4, D+=5, P=6) if someone has the DBP.   

DaveKathy is indeed correct regarding D ( and up) drink vouchers.  You will receive them ( on your sea pass card) even if you have the alcohol package.

M

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SlightDraw said:

Yes - You  will need to let the wait staff/bartender know every time NOT to use a voucher.    

M

1 hour ago, Auntiemomo said:

Well, my wife does drink but not more than 4 or five drinks per day. So thinking if she needs to dip into my vouchers I would save for her possible use. When you think of it, me buying the drink package I do not benefit from the diamond drink vouchers.

8 minutes ago, SlightDraw said:

Well, my wife does drink but not more than 4 or five drinks per day. So thinking if she needs to dip into my vouchers I would save for her possible use. When you think of it, me buying the drink package I do not benefit from the diamond drink vouchers.

What did you say when you ordered the drink / refreshment packages?

I get it, but ... When you think of it, you are skirting the rules (of the drink/refreshment exemption).

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

What did you say when you ordered the drink / refreshment packages?

I get it, but ... When you think of it, you are skirting the rules (of the drink/refreshment exemption).

I said I would like to purchase a deluxe and refreshment package. I think when you bring up rules Royal has relaxed a bit on making all in one cabin by the deluxe package. Like someone mentioned, you have to call to make request. 

4 hours ago, SlightDraw said:

I thought Royal went the route of other cruise lines and everyone in the same cabin 21 and over had to purchase the drink package if one wanted it?

5 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

I thought Royal went the route of other cruise lines and everyone in the same cabin 21 and over had to purchase the drink package if one wanted it?

They did, but if you call and plead with them that your wife doesn't drink, they will let you purchase the drink package and she has to purchase the refreshment package.

P.S. It makes NO sense if you have the Deluxe Beverage Package you have D drinks loaded on your seapass.  They'll figure it out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

They did, but if you call and plead with them that your wife doesn't drink, they will let you purchase the drink package and she has to purchase the refreshment package.

P.S. It makes NO sense if you have the Deluxe Beverage Package you have D drinks loaded on your seapass.  They'll figure it out.

I really think Royal is relaxing the rule. The subject if my wife does or does not drink never came up. And there was no pleading, really easy.

47 minutes ago, SlightDraw said:

Totally acceptable to give to others your C&A drinks loaded on your Seapass card. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

Makes perfect since. Those drinks are yours and need to be loaded on the Seapass card along with all the other perks/ benefits associated with your C&A tier level. You can give your C&A drinks away to others if you want.  

11 minutes ago, SlightDraw said:

I really think Royal is relaxing the rule. The subject if my wife does or does not drink never came up. And there was no pleading, really easy.

Agree. No personal experience with it but others have posted it's a simple phone call and explanation is all it takes. 

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Makes perfect since. Those drinks are yours and need to be loaded on the Seapass card along with all the other perks/ benefits associated with your C&A tier level. You can give your C&A drinks away to others if you want.  

But you can also give your free internet to others, but [supposedly] they take it away if you buy a Voom package.

40 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

But you can also give your free internet to others, but [supposedly] they take it away if you buy a Voom package.

They do (personal experience) but they will give it back if you visit the Voom desk on board and ask for it back (also personal experience). 

• Thanks 2