Vaccination proof...middle name?

1 hour ago, Sunflower & The Scientist said:

HAL mentions that the name on vaccination proof must match what is on the passport.  Vaccination proofs do not include that, at least most people's don't.  Does anyone know if they will accept first and last name without middle name?

Thanks

Yes they will.  We have sailed twice showing Vax Card and no problems without our middle names on them.

Good question. Looking forward to hearing the responses, if anyone does know. Plus good warning to ensure any future shot records are done in one's full passport name. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I also have the dilemma of my Yellow WHO Small Pox Vaccination passport from decades ago  being under my formerly married name. I carry this passport with a copy of my court divorce decree, but have no idea if this would pass muster when Yellow Fever vaccinations are required too, as was  the case a while back for Amazon cruises.

I was really concerned about this because my health-care insurer/provider uses only the name that Medicare links to a patients account.  My passport, HAL account name, TSA precheck account, etc, all show my full middle name.  However, I was unable to get Medicare to use my middle name for my account.  They only use my middle initial.  Therefore, my vax records show only my middle initial.  So I was worried before my first post-covid cruise.  However, I encountered no problem at all when showing vax records at boarding.  Hope this continues to be the standard.  Next cruise is in about 3 weeks so I'll soon find out.  Good luck to you.

Long story which has been covered on another thread, but several of my ID's had a different middle name.  When sailing out of the US, it does not seem to make much difference, but, especially when uploading documents or facing a gate agent in Europe, it can cause a hassle. 

I first encountered a problem this fall when boarding a domestic (!) flight.  I had booked the ticket on a credit card that did not match the middle name on my DL; the gate agent did not want to let me board.  Fortunately, I had my MIL ID with the same initial as on the credit card.

Subsequently, I realized that my vax card did not match my passport, only my DL, which matches nothing else.  Sooo, first I obtained a new vax card with the same middle name as my passport; no problem there.  Then I applied for a new SSA card, which was required before I could change my DL.  Since all SSA offices are currently closed, it all needs to be done by mail (cue groans).  At 30 days I received notice that my application had been approved and I would receive my new card in ANOTHER 30 days.  Once that arrives, I am off to the DMV to obtain a new DL with the same middle name as on my passport, etc.

Better safe than sorry.