Saint Greg's Vista - Live - December 4-11 2021

Saint Greg

I ordered another beer at the sports bar and told the bartender I was gonna run to the bathroom real quick. I stopped at the door turned around and said “don’t let anyone take my seat.” He looks serious and says Okay!

He didn’t get the joke.

75BB6F74-3EFE-4CD9-AFE5-ACAE4CB1BA07.jpeg

• Haha 12

On 12/5/2021 at 11:06 AM, grantbob said:

Was that at Carnivals beach or somewhere else on the island? We usually go to the West Bay area and haven't run into them.

Don’t know if you saw this post on the subject in Sid’s Mardi Gras review by @crewsweeper

“No these are sand flies and they like to bite.  On the West Bay side, resorts will sweep and attempt to reduce the population.  DEET works well too. But guessing the" divey spots"  on the east side are less inclined to attack them.  They do go away eventually. Cortisone 10 and aloe help.”

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

One of the bartenders was asking me if I had internet service. I said yes I did. Her plan expired at 1am and it stopped working last night. She told me they have to pay $10/day for internet. And it used to be $25/day. I Confirmed those numbers with someone else but i found they also have the social media plan for $4/day. That’s still a lot of money for someone who lives here for six months.

You really would think Carnival would give them internet for free, or reduced.  I guess it would increase the strain on the available bandwidth for the rest of us?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

You really would think Carnival would give them internet for free, or reduced.  I guess it would increase the strain on the available bandwidth for the rest of us?

Yeah, that really sucks. I have a brother who used to work on a cruise ship. I'll find out what he used to pay for the interwebs. 

• Like 3

I stopped by the room for a flossing session and to put my toof in since I’m done eating until dinner. My neighbor was bringing her laundry back. She was taking it out when i I was heading to brunch this morning. I don’t miss those days.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

They could do two separate networks if they don’t already. It sounds like they  treat them like guests.

• Like 2

80% of the people in here have the same Santa hat on. I don’t know how that happened. A Facebook group? Maybe a giveaway like at a baseball game? Hat night. First 150 holiday show attendees get a free hat.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4