Pinnacle Grill/Lunch/Nieuw Amsterdam

SteelMagnolia9

Is the Pinnacle Grill open for lunch on the Nieuw Amsterdam? If so, when? I am onboard for a week beginning Dec. 4th. My Navigator app indicates lunch is available, but there is no way on the app or online to make a reservation.

This is likely a very simple question; however, I have not been on a HAL ship in over 10 years, so trying to figure it all out. Thanks!

A Roll Call member made a res on Eurodam a couple of weeks ago and they cancelled it!

We think there were so few people (we only had about 800 pax) that they decided it wasn't worth opening the kitchen for just a handful.  She wasn't actually given an explanation.

She rebooked for one of the two sea days at the end of the sailing.

On 12/2/2021 at 11:31 AM, NCTribeFan said:

A Roll Call member made a res on Eurodam a couple of weeks ago and they cancelled it!

We think there were so few people (we only had about 800 pax) that they decided it wasn't worth opening the kitchen for just a handful.  She wasn't actually given an explanation.

She rebooked for one of the two sea days at the end of the sailing.

That is a bit surprising as I believe the crew are all hourly. The incremental cost of opening the restaurant is very low I would think. Maybe the staff got out of quarantine mid cruise and they were able to reopen everything. I wonder if they were serving dinner there or if that was closed too. 

Edited by zgscl
  • Like 1

They were open for dinner and she did have her lunch on one of the last two sea days.  As noted, they were accepting reservations for lunch but cancelled hers. 

On our modified itinerary, we had 2 sea days early (HMC was the first day following by the sea days) and then finished the sailing with two sea days.

We had our Sel de Mer pop-up on the evening of the first sea day, which coincided with the first Gala night, which was surprising.  That was due to our itinerary change, I was told.  I'm assuming they use the regular Pinnacle staff as servers, so they were definitely working.  I don't know whether she was booked for lunch on the first or second sea day.