Cruise not showing up on website cruise planner (for me to pricecheck).

bluesea4me

Ok, I tried searching for the answer to my question to no avail.

Tonight, my obsessive tendencies for price checks to get OBC (and the fact that it is Cyber Monday), left me a bit confused.  While the cruise I am booked on was there on the site with many cabins available yesterday (at the end of December), it won't even show up as a cruise option on the website.   😲   I've never seen this happen before.  So, my best guesses (and my creative imagination) has come up with these options as to why.....but perhaps some one here knows THE EXACT or a more likely reason.  These are in the order in which the ideas popped into my head. 🤔

1. Sold out

2. Trip cancelled (I checked and the site says that it is still sailing--so doubtful that this is why)

3. Ship is having mechanical issues

4. Mass COVID situation on the ship

5. Site glitch (yes, I've been checking for the last 2 hours--but this is a new idea)

6. A possible change in itinerary (so they are updating the cruise on the site)

7.  My boss called and said let her think the cruise is cancelled because we don't have enough subs (or crazy enough subs) who'd want to cover her classroom the last 2 days before Christmas Break.

8. Carnival is sick of me trying to get more OBC and decided to pull a "No Cruise For YOU!" on me.

9. Someone in IT thinks it'd be funny to do this to cruisers who haven't sailed in 7 years.

10. I haven't thought of yet, but I am hoping you can add additional ideas.....or better yet, let me know if this has ever happen to a cruise you were booked to cruise on in just a couple of weeks.

Thank you to those that understand my creative madness and "no cruise for you" fear! 

no-cruise-for-4358860724.jpg

• Haha 2

Happened to me a few weeks ago. For just one day my booked cruise was missing/not showing. I thought of all the reasons you have listed. Before I could get too worked up about it about 24 hours later it showed back up and have not had it disappear again since then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

Could you please use a normal font? It’s very difficult to read for these old eyes even when expanded.

I had to come to my pc to read this post, as the font used - I think it is comic sans - comes across on an ipad as very pale blue cursive script.  EM

• Like 1

Ok, 1st, my cruise.  It is back online!  SO weird!  2nd--thank you for letting me know they didn't have any sales (wish I knew earlier in the day so my tendencies wouldn't have run rampant) LOL!  As for the font, I do so much on the computer with teaching (it seems everything has to be computer based anymore---there has to be a conspiracy with optometrists making sure the next generations are sure to need glasses and keep them in business--ahh, another tendency of my creative mind and rantings) that I got excited I'd be able to type in a fun color and font (it had NOTHING to do with me being able to see where my post and responses were more easily as I scroll through this post.  Yeah, right! )  Anywho, sorry to those that had/have either ipad or old eye issues.  But don't worry, in just a few years I'll be the one wishing someone else used a normal font as well!   Karma!  Lastly, no change in itinerary--as of yet.  But by the sounds of it, I'm thinking the ports are set.

Thank you all for the info, comments, etc., and sorry if I got you involved with the madness that goes on inside my noggin.  

Happy Sailings!

Edited by bluesea4me
accidently pushed some button on my computer as I was typing and it submitted before I was done. Another mystery I wish I had the answer to. :)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, shortyjoesmith said:

Try deleting your cookies. I ran into this, they are making it difficult to price check. I use Chrome for my bookings (where I log in) and then use Edge (without logging into Carnival) to check prices.  

Sneaky, sneaky on their part. 😉

I was actually wondering about that a few weeks ago with trying to price check.  What is really weird is when the price is cheaper for a non-VIFP person than a VIFP.    I knew something had to be up!  Thanks for the info. 

• Like 1