Decent breakfast on Anthem of the Seas?

renzzmar

I’m on Anthem of the Seas right now, in a Star Class suite. Everything is wonderful and the food in the specialty restaurants has been really great so far. But breakfast… so far it’s been very disappointing but we have not tried Coastal Kitchen. 

We’ll try Coastal Kitchen tomorrow, but it seems to be the buffet food repackaged based on the menu so I don’t have high hopes. There’s plenty of good-to-great food the rest of the day so no big deal, but I’m wondering if lackluster breakfast is just how it is on this ship? 

Thanks. 

I’ve never had a problem with breakfast on any of Royal Caribbean ships either in the Windjammer or the Main Dining Room. I have only dined in Coastal Kitchen for dinner so I cannot comment but I hope you like it better. 

Edited by Omax4

I have not sailed on Anthem of the Seas.  But, I am interested in learning the opinions of those who sail on other vessels as to their dining experiences.

On 11/29/2021 at 10:34 PM, renzzmar said:

But breakfast… so far it’s been very disappointing but we have not tried Coastal Kitchen. 

What caused your breakfast to be disappointing?  

Not familiar with "Coastal Kitchen".   What is this dining venue concept?  

• 7 months later...
On 7/13/2022 at 4:03 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Breakfasts have been great on every cruise line I have been on.

I agree except for one breakfast that I remember.  The original Royal Princess on disembarkation morning in Civitavecchia:  my transfer to Rome left early, the DR was not open, no room service that morning, only option was the Lido Restaurant.  I needed to get there almost as soon as it opened.  The food was in warming pans (as usual), but the pans and the food were lukewarm to cold!  Lukewarm scrambled eggs don't go well with cold, greasy bacon.  A very disappointing culinary end to an otherwise excellent cruise.