AmaWaterways Christmas Markets 12/13 Cancelled

KLRDUKS

Just got the email from AMA that our Christmas Markets on the Danube (12/13) with pre-cruise in Prague has cancelled. They indicated that all cruises on the AMALea through 12/31 are cancelled. This was the first of a back to back with a Christmas Markets on the Rhine which we will also have to cancel. Offered 115% roll over. Only out the cost of our transport between the 2 cruises by rail.

I am so disappointed. This was to be our 4th & 5th AMA cruises. I know they are doing their best for staff and guests but am just numb right now. We were all ready to go and a year’s worth of planning out the window. First world problem I know but still very sad. 

KLRDUKS, I am so sorry to read this.

On 11/30/2021 at 11:59 PM, KLRDUKS said:

I am so disappointed. This was to be our 4th & 5th AMA cruises.

It leaves a hole doesn't it? And not just in the calendar. Two weeks to fill, but with what? And over Christmas! In the Rhine thread we talked about you being in Lahnstein then. A real disappointment.

I hope you find something lovely to do and have a great Christmas.

notamermaid

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KLRDUKS said:

I agree accept Austria is coming out of lockdown for vaccinated folks Sunday. Oh well, we booked for same time next year. 

Markets in Bratislava closed down, Germany is facing lock down..... Hoping next year will be much better. I have a friend who is probably returning from the Rhine today. I know things were not normal for them.

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to AmaWaterways Christmas Markets 12/13 Cancelled