Current soda package cup

denas

As long as they are manning the Freestyle machines, I think the chip is irrelevant. On our Freedom cruise, when we got to our room after boarding, our cups were not in our room, and when we walked by the table where they sell the drink packages, we noticed that instead of the "normal" cups, they had plastic CocoCay cups. We had noticed some people walking around with both kinds. The person at the table said there was a supply issue and they ran out of the normal cups. She said they were supposed to get more before we left, and that ours should be delivered later that night.

Well, since we have a number of the "normal" cups, which looked like they were the same as our last pre-COVID cruise, my wife thought the CocoCay ones were fun and asked if we could get that instead. So the crew member took our room number to cancel the late delivery and gave us 2 CocoCay ones.

We never used them. The Freestyle machine on the promenade was manned and they had stacks of glasses that they would fill for you.

image.png.e94ec6db7ca51dddfe23c26f5c8320b5.png

• Like 4

On 12/1/2021 at 8:51 AM, RobInMN said:

As long as they are manning the Freestyle machines, I think the chip is irrelevant. On our Freedom cruise, when we got to our room after boarding, our cups were not in our room, and when we walked by the table where they sell the drink packages, we noticed that instead of the "normal" cups, they had plastic CocoCay cups. We had noticed some people walking around with both kinds. The person at the table said there was a supply issue and they ran out of the normal cups. She said they were supposed to get more before we left, and that ours should be delivered later that night.

Well, since we have a number of the "normal" cups, which looked like they were the same as our last pre-COVID cruise, my wife thought the CocoCay ones were fun and asked if we could get that instead. So the crew member took our room number to cancel the late delivery and gave us 2 CocoCay ones.

We never used them. The Freestyle machine on the promenade was manned and they had stacks of glasses that they would fill for you.

image.png.e94ec6db7ca51dddfe23c26f5c8320b5.png

This is actually great news.  I was worried there would unvaccinated kid hands all over it.  i might be willing to get it this cruise. 

The Freestyle machines were all manned on Symphony and you removed lid before handing cup to crew member.  Or they had a table to sit the cup down on.  Had one machine in buffet that said cup needed to wait 24 hours for next fill - crew member just walked through kitchen to other side machine to fill it.  Eventually they just removed the chip reader from that machine.  Cups are good for 2 weeks after first use, so we had to get new ones for third week (and they couldn't find different colors at Cafe Promenade, only blue ones).  They didn't bother giving us a new cup for second cruise.  Would gladly have taken Coco Cay ones if offered.