Wine list

Hobar

53 minutes ago, Hobar said:

Fred and WNCruiser,

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  The suspense was killing me.  Enjoy, and don’t drink it all.  

Agree.  Glad to see some new additions, some old favs, but also a few special wines we associate w/ Seabourn no longer on the revenue list.  Still can't wait to be be back on the ship.

I am pleased to see 3 New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc wines listed.  But, no Villa Maria.  The only one on the list that I have drunk is Oyster Bay.  It's good, but Villa Maria is better, I think.  I have had several bartenders and wine stewards agree with me.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ciaoYacht said:

No included port wines?

My husband drinks port and I know he always had “included” ports. There are other options available in every category, even if not listed on the printed menu.  For example, I’ve had Sancerre and Cava even though not listed.  Just ask.  I just wanted to know what was easily accessible as I don’t like to be fussy too much.  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, hoosier74 said:

I think the premium list pictured is from The Grill.  The Restaurant list would be different. Not sure how interchangeable they are. 

Yes, that was from the Grill. Next time we eat in The Restaurant I will get a photo of that list. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/5/2021 at 4:43 PM, claranda said:

Oh, hello, Margbem! Wasn’t it you and me who discussed the Seabourn gin issue to death in 2019? 

It was indeed! Do you remember the photo I posted of our fabulous gin and all the trimmings photo I posted?! 

We are in Beverley, east Yorks. Where are you?

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 11:59 PM, ronrick1943 said:

Do they have Non-Alcoholic beer, wine and champagne ?

I was *just* coming to ask/discuss the same.  

I know they stock NA beer in 1-2 varieties as a standard course (and have been willing to pick up other varieties in port, as available) but I saw on a blog yesterday that a regular passenger was drinking NA wine so now I’m curious if there is available NA wine/sparkling.

We had a fairly lively discussion about Seabourn mocktails and Seedlip a couple of years ago and I know that guests had Seedlip onboard (both for in-room and bar drinks) but it seemed that might have been a special pre-cruise request.  With all the new good NA spirits available (Ritual, Monday, Lyres just to name a few), I’m wondering if availability has expanded.

We fully stopped imbibing after our last sailing so haven’t been been back onboard to figure it out yet.  I can always DM Martin and ask, since he’s who has been willing to make special procurements for us in port.

I did notice that the new Virgin ships that are sailing have NA sparkling and interesting mocktails on all their cocktail lists so at least someone in the industry is on-trend.

5 hours ago, jenidallas said:

We had a fairly lively discussion about Seabourn mocktails and Seedlip a couple of years ago and I know that guests had Seedlip onboard (both for in-room and bar drinks) but it seemed that might have been a special pre-cruise request.  With all the new good NA spirits available (Ritual, Monday, Lyres just to name a few), I’m wondering if availability has expanded.

I had requested Seedlip a few years ago and - after tasting all 3 flavors - promptly stopped this special request because I didn't like any of them.

In the past 3 months, I tried a few others on the Ovation:  Ghia, Gnista (both Floral Wormwood and Barreled Oak), and Optimist (Bright).  Of these, I prefer Ghia, which I will continue to special request.

I have spoken on occasions with their corporate F&B manager.  They have been working to implement a non-alcoholic cocktail/drinks program fleetwide, which they had hoped to implement last quarter, but that has not come to pass due to various challenges:  scale (many of these products are made by small companies and cannot meet institutional demands), logistics (lack of worldwide distribution capability and reliability), and product life (most of these products are derived from plants and other botanicals and have a shorter shelf life than regular spirits). 

Just came across this article from today's New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-non-alcoholic-drinks/

7 hours ago, sfvoyage said:

Just came across this article from today's New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-non-alcoholic-drinks/

Great article… thank you for sharing!  I’ve tried less than half of those mentioned so it gives me some options to add to the list.  It’s incredible how quickly this category has exploded.  

Our NA bar cart has a lot of interesting options already, but there is definitely room for more.

8BDADA18-64A0-4E13-A3DF-A53293605095.thumb.jpeg.159b930f14c95e19c833c2fdf9d04a12.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...