VOOM Surf Voyage Package – 2 Devices Question

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

There was an issue with your configuration or the ship servers; we had a 3 device plan last week on LOTS my phone, DW phone, and my laptop were all connected at the same time the entire cruise.

Very possible. DH went to the internet guy and was given the same info which I posted. I was relating what happened with us and why we picked separate plans.

21 hours ago, michigal said:

It’s been ages since I purchased a Voom plan and I don’t recall the cost.  I just need a single device plan (for a January cruise). Currently, the Voom Surf & Stream package for 1 device is $14.89/day, which doesn’t sound bad to me. However, I would love to hear back from more recent users of this service whether the price is reasonable. Thanks!

this price is the "most reasonable" I've seen in almost a year.  It used to be $11.49 for the "sales".  Since it isn't a shortage issue and isn't affected by covid, I can't understand the roughly 20% hike in price.  

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

That was not our experience.
(DH works and I have to check in daily).
On the multiple device plan, when DH logged in at the same time I was already logged in, it asked to log me off. So one is buying it for multi devices, but it can be used on one device per plan at the same time.

When we purchased separate, it was OK and no one had to log the other one off.

what happened was you both used one of the 2 devices at the same time.  Common error.  The rep should have explained that to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ericosmith said:

huh, isn't that the purpose of a two device plan?

yes it is.  But it can happen.  I know because it happened to us a couple of years ago and we figured out what happened in 30 seconds.  It was when we were setting up wifi on our phones in Barcelona