Assigned Time Dining Question - Seating w/Other Parties?

brilliantseas

I've searched the forums and have not found an answer to this question. 

Is Carnival currently assigning multiple parties to the same table for "assigned time dining" since cruising has resumed? How about for brunch in the MDR?

I ask the question as "Your Time Dining" is currently waitlisted on my sailing, and I'm interested in other options that allow for distancing while dining. I recently heard a horror story from another cruise line where passengers were quarantined because a guest from another party who was seated at the same table tested positive. 

Yes they are seating people together if they request a certain time.

If you want shared tables for brunch you have to click the button open to request shared table. I did this several times. With all the testing going on I felt safe and meet some fun folks.

If you are hoping for social distancing I'd eat in the buffet. Even the 2 tops are like 8 inches apart. On top of each other. Also in the steak house they are close. 

Edited by firefly333

You might get lucky. We were on an 8 night Dream cruise last month, ate in the MDR every night besides one night at the steakhouse, also had brunch every sea day. We were only sat at a 2 seat table once with no one next to us. Also saw a few times people were led to the 2 tops and asked to be moved and they were moved.

We were assigned to a group table on our September cruise and were dismayed to find out that one of the women at our table was unvaxxed and on the ship using a "religious exemption" (she put the words in air quotes as she told us and laughed.)  We didn't go back after that. I was surprised that Carnival would do that.

8 minutes ago, trulytracy said:

We were assigned to a group table on our September cruise and were dismayed to find out that one of the women at our table was unvaxxed and on the ship using a "religious exemption" (she put the words in air quotes as she told us and laughed.)  We didn't go back after that. I was surprised that Carnival would do that.

Wow! Scary! I was on an NCL ship where 3 people had to quarantine in Italy after sitting at a table with a person who tested positive, even though they were negative.

3 hours ago, trulytracy said:

Do what?

Guest BasicSailor
3 hours ago, trulytracy said:

Can't say as I blame you. We've lost quite a few friends from this virus and it's no joke. Being smart and safe show's your intelligence 👍

Edited by BasicSailor

16 hours ago, trulytracy said:

I think the woman was trying to be funny in a very inappropriate way. Carnival is not giving any exemptions for people who are not vaccinated, either for medical or "religious" reasons, only a very few children who are too young to be vaccinated. When I asked John Heald about the social distancing rule for unvaccinated passengers, how were we to know who was unvaccinated, he replied, oh, we know who's unvaccinated. I took that to mean no one. Have you heard of anyone unvaccinated who was given an exemption by Carnival to cruise? Certainly no one on CC has posted about it. All I hear are the unvaccinated who are irate because they aren't allowed on a ship. Now I wait for the replies wanting me to provide a genuine, certified, notarized letter from Carnival management validating my reply. If the OP had really thought this woman was telling the truth, don't you think she would have reported her to officials on the ship?

22 hours ago, trulytracy said:

I'm vaxxed, so are all adults in my family. That being said, vaxxed can pass on Covid just as easily as unvaxxed.   Vaccine doesn't stop it, just hopefully makes symptoms less severe.  

20 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Do what?

Put an unvaxxed passenger at a group table.

7 hours ago, nlktx49 said:

I think the woman was trying to be funny in a very inappropriate way. Carnival is not giving any exemptions for people who are not vaccinated, either for medical or "religious" reasons, only a very few children who are too young to be vaccinated. When I asked John Heald about the social distancing rule for unvaccinated passengers, how were we to know who was unvaccinated, he replied, oh, we know who's unvaccinated. I took that to mean no one. Have you heard of anyone unvaccinated who was given an exemption by Carnival to cruise? Certainly no one on CC has posted about it. All I hear are the unvaccinated who are irate because they aren't allowed on a ship. Now I wait for the replies wanting me to provide a genuine, certified, notarized letter from Carnival management validating my reply. If the OP had really thought this woman was telling the truth, don't you think she would have reported her to officials on the ship?

She wasn't being funny. She was a young woman--about 24--traveling with her grandmother. This was our 2nd or 3rd dinner with them and our first stop at a port. They asked us what we had done and then we asked them and they said they had stayed on the ship. Then the grandma leaned over and indicated her granddaughter and said, "She's not vaccinated and can't leave the ship."  I said something like, "Oh! You got an exemption?" and that's when the granddaughter made her comment. The grandmother seemed annoyed that her granddaughter wasn't vaccinated. And at this point we had learned enough about the granddaughter's general outlook on life that it made sense.