Sale on excursions

paulajj

2 hours ago, gerelmx said:

No discount for the Eclipse May 15, 2022. Alaska Hubbard Glacier, Yes  it's included in the Applicable sailings list 😞

I was able to get a 30% discount on the June 26, 2022 Eclipse sailing even though it isn't on the list.   That discount was available on Tuesday evening, and was gone by yesterday.

If I were you, I'd keep checking on the price of any excursion you might be interested in taking.

For some reason, our April 2, 2022 Apex Carribbean sailing, which was explicitly excluded from the 30% off promotion, now has 10% pre-cruise discount instead of the normal 5%. So literally a few dollars saved on the tours, but still worth cancelling and re-booking for, it only takes minutes.

If your sailing was also excluded from the promotion, check if the "base" pre-cruise discount has gone up to 10%, and if so, you can cancel and re-book right away at the lower price.

2 hours ago, Virgo61 said:

The sale prices are back for my cruise too. Anyone know how long the sale is on for?

It’s been weird. They’ve been going on and off. I would book the ones you’re interested in now. You can always cancel later. 

On 12/7/2021 at 9:17 AM, gerelmx said:

Yes the discounts are back, I saved 30% on one Alaska Excursion (Totem Discovery And Crab Feast).

The Only one excursion with discount in my 7 booked cruises

Did you check the excursion at the Glacier that your Alaska cruise visits? We were able to get a good discount on our July 15 Millie Hubbard Glacier Wilderness Explorer today. 

2 minutes ago, Glendakayself said:

Did you check the excursion at the Glacier that your Alaska cruise visits? We were able to get a good discount on our July 15 Millie Hubbard Glacier Wilderness Explorer today. 

no discounts Hubbard, Tracy Arm and Mendenhall excursions on the Eclipse (May 15)

15 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

no discounts Hubbard, Tracy Arm and Mendenhall excursions on the Eclipse (May 15)

Keep checking. We were able to cancel, rebook, and save about $174 for the two of us on Hubbard Glacier. We have never done an excursion like this one in our two past Alaska cruises and are really looking forward to it.

My excursions have 30% off. When I originally booked there was 5%off. 
One had cost £41.30 p.p. Now cost £31.60p.p. I cancelled our original and rebooked +1.

I will be looking at the remaining ports soon.

The sale lasts for 5 days.

I am troubled in that Celebrity usually sends confirmation of cancellation and of booking excursions, but they have sent neither for my transactions this morning. I was able to find a record of the details all transactions so far (booking, cancelling, rebooking) and to print out a list. My cart is clear but no emailed confirmations. Have they stopped the practice of sending confirmation emails for cancelling/booking excursions? 

Edited by Glendakayself

2 hours ago, Glendakayself said:

Have they stopped the practice of sending confirmation emails for cancelling/booking excursions? 

I too noticed that. I had a message to say that the refund process was beginning and a note on my account of the amount in £.

I then looked on the app and my new excursions are listed.

I also noted that payment was using the credit card that they have on file from our last staycation cruise in August 2021. I didn’t need to re enter our credit card details, which again is new.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Glendakayself said:

I am troubled in that Celebrity usually sends confirmation of cancellation and of booking excursions, but they have sent neither for my transactions this morning. I was able to find a record of the details all transactions so far (booking, cancelling, rebooking) and to print out a list. My cart is clear but no emailed confirmations. Have they stopped the practice of sending confirmation emails for cancelling/booking excursions? 

yes, mine has been very hit and miss...I've probably cancelled and rebooked about 6 tours and had mail confirmation for 1 cancellation and 2 bookings.

All showing on my planner though.

Have had to keep a note of refunds due as I'm still waiting on a couple from 10 days ago

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rachiem said:

Have had to keep a note of refunds due as I'm still waiting on a couple from 10 days ago

When I cancelled excursions for our 2020 cruise, I remember reading that they would show on my CC account in 10 Working days.

🙏 I might possibly get ours just before Christmas.

• Haha 1

On 12/9/2021 at 4:11 AM, Glendakayself said:

I am troubled in that Celebrity usually sends confirmation of cancellation and of booking excursions, but they have sent neither for my transactions this morning.

Just checked my Credit Card statement and the refund was posted on the card statement ONE DAY after I cancelled.

Very impressed.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Just checked my Credit Card statement and the refund was posted on the card statement ONE DAY after I cancelled.

Very impressed.

I checked our credit card statements and learned that our refund was there the next day as well. However, I had an oops moment. I rebooked the excursions on a different card than the first booking. Therefore, the credit went to a different card than the charges. However, I used the refunded card to buy Christmas gifts, so it all works out.  

I had the same thing happen.  Put excursions in my cart on Mon, Dec 13.  Went back to pay for them on Tue and they had gone up 25-30%.

Apparently the "Black Friday Sale" ended on Monday.  They talked to a supervisor and would not give me the lower price back.  I don't remember sending an end date on the Black Friday Sale when I was booking.  

Very frustrating.  Cost me over $400 on all excursions!

45 minutes ago, KayM8812 said:

I had the same thing happen.  Put excursions in my cart on Mon, Dec 13.  Went back to pay for them on Tue and they had gone up 25-30%.

Apparently the "Black Friday Sale" ended on Monday.  They talked to a supervisor and would not give me the lower price back.  I don't remember sending an end date on the Black Friday Sale when I was booking.  

Very frustrating.  Cost me over $400 on all excursions!

It was a very confusing sale.
I’m not sure if the website had an end date but the emails did. Hopefully they’ll run another one for you.  🤞 

• Like 1