Got an invitation

zebra36

for the Brilliance OTS simulation cruise. Only problem is air fare to get to Tampa is very close to $400 and the cruise starts on Dec. 6. Geesh, I live the Baltimore area and they couldn't offer a sailing on the Enchantment probably a few weeks later. Thanks but no thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sunnydaysmile said:

Wish they would send me the invite.  How long is this cruise?

4 nights

38 minutes ago, SRF said:

Spirit is under $200 round trip.

American is $250 round trip.

I used 12/5 to 12/13

Extra nights for hotel would certainly push this over the same day air cost. Besides meeting the covid test requirements on such short notice just makes this problematic.

2 hours ago, zebra36 said:

for the Brilliance OTS simulation cruise. Only problem is air fare to get to Tampa is very close to $400 and the cruise starts on Dec. 6. Geesh, I live the Baltimore area and they couldn't offer a sailing on the Enchantment probably a few weeks later. Thanks but no thanks.

Curious as to what your C&A level is..Seen posts in the past that only Pinnacles get these invitations.

43 minutes ago, coaster said:

Curious as to what your C&A level is..Seen posts in the past that only Pinnacles get these invitations.

Maybe for the more recent ones. Coworker of mine was invited on the Oasis test cruise --- first cruise on RCI.

3 hours ago, zebra36 said:

Interesting,  I am on the first revenue cruise on the 16th and from the Baltimore area. I wonder if they'll do another one after the one you've been offered. Lot of time between the 10th and 16th.

42 minutes ago, death_star said:

Interesting,  I am on the first revenue cruise on the 16th and from the Baltimore area. I wonder if they'll do another one after the one you've been offered. Lot of time between the 10th and 16th.

what is a revenue cruise? I didnt think it was sailing till Dec 23rd. We were on the dec 11th that got canceled. 

4 hours ago, zebra36 said:

Did you check airfare with air2sea?

We also live in Baltimore.  And are also D+.  We got the invitation today which I thought was very strange.  We might have considered this opportunity but I am leaving Monday for a 4 night on the Freedom of the Seas with my daughter.  

17 hours ago, zebra36 said:

4 nights

Extra nights for hotel would certainly push this over the same day air cost. Besides meeting the covid test requirements on such short notice just makes this problematic.

I did not know it was 4 nights. And most times, people prefer to fly in the day before, just in case.

Since it seems you cannot do a good airfare search -

Spirit $130 round trip arriving in Tampa at 9:24AM Monday Dec 6 and return leaves at 1PM on Friday Dec  10.

We received a conformation email at 9:15 this morning stating that we have a stateroom reserved and to proceed with making our travel plans.  I'm going to risk it and fly in early on the 6th (r/t BWI $350).  If I miss the ship, I'll just head to St Pete Beach for a few days!

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 1:20 PM, sunnydaysmile said:

Wish they would send me the invite.  How long is this cruise?

We did the simulated cruise on Navigator out of LA and it was two days's. Fun time and interesting to sail on a ship with about 350 passengers. Don't think I would pay to fly to take it but we did have people on board. Think I would save the air fare for a long cruise. 

10 minutes ago, zebra36 said:

Just accepted mine. Hope to see you on board.

About a 1/2-hour after accepting, we received the confirmation that we have a stateroom, so we’ll be there. Fingers-crossed you get the same confirmation. 

I hope we are chosen as vaccinated passengers and not unvaccinated. I didn’t get these shots to pretend to be non-vac. 😉

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

You can always drive, and save money.

Driving south of DC with all the usual traffic jams on 95 between the beltway all the way to Fredericksburg VA would negate any cost savings in my book. 

• Like 1