Ponant Cabin Question

Host Jazzbeau

Deck four is quiet. Restaurant is aft, but there’s no through traffic. The further forward, the less traffic you’ll hear. 406 & 408 are close to a crew stairwell. The noise isn’t huge, but I’d avoid them. 418 is adjacent to the kitchen. I don’t know if there’s noise there, but I will be on Le Bellot in a few weeks and can try to check. 

Personally, I’d look at 402-404. 

Thanks!  That's exactly the info I was looking for.  But I'm afraid that 402-404 are too far forward, if we hit rough seas.  I will avoid 418 because of the kitchen, but 416 should be quiet – and smooth?

Here’s another cabin question for our Tauck voyage on Le Jacques Cartier next autumn. We were given the option of moving from a Deluxe Stateroom on Deck 3 to a Prestige Stateroom 506. We agreed, but it appears to be next to one of those mysterious white spaces on the deck plan. Did we make a mistake?

14 minutes ago, Frncie said:

Here’s another cabin question for our Tauck voyage on Le Jacques Cartier next autumn. We were given the option of moving from a Deluxe Stateroom on Deck 3 to a Prestige Stateroom 506. We agreed, but it appears to be next to one of those mysterious white spaces on the deck plan. Did we make a mistake?

It's a tradeoff. The whitespace is the crew stairwell, so it's possible you'll hear some noise -- but it shouldn't be often, since you only have Deck 6 activity above you.

Deck 3, on the other hand, has much more traffic from people going to the theater. 

IMO, neither will be very loud & I'd take Deck 5 over Deck 3. Cabins are nearly identical -- balcony is glass on Deck 5.

Edited by AussieBoyTX
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 1:13 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Thanks!  That's exactly the info I was looking for.  But I'm afraid that 402-404 are too far forward, if we hit rough seas.  I will avoid 418 because of the kitchen, but 416 should be quiet – and smooth?

Jazz,

We were actually in 418 on Le Bellot for our Corsica trip in September. No noise issues that I remember. I don't remember too much motion either though the seas were never too rough.

• Thanks 2

• 11 months later...

I have another cabin question: I am looking at a 7 night Greek Island cruise on Le Lyrial. As it is a port intensive itinerary I am thinking to book the cheapest cabin available which is Deluxe Stateroom on Deck 3. It appears from the deck plan that the kitchen for the Gastronomic Restaurant may be below these cabins on Deck 2. If this is the case I am wondering if anyone has any feedback as to whether there are any noise issues from the kitchen.  Also, any other reasons to not choose this cabin type? Thanks!

5 hours ago, minz56 said:

I have another cabin question: I am looking at a 7 night Greek Island cruise on Le Lyrial. As it is a port intensive itinerary I am thinking to book the cheapest cabin available which is Deluxe Stateroom on Deck 3. It appears from the deck plan that the kitchen for the Gastronomic Restaurant may be below these cabins on Deck 2. If this is the case I am wondering if anyone has any feedback as to whether there are any noise issues from the kitchen.  Also, any other reasons to not choose this cabin type? Thanks!

We have stayed in a Superior Stateroom further down the hall and haven't heard anything from below. Our preference is to be further away from the reception, since that can get busy, but that leaves plenty of options -- maybe something like 324 right in the center of the ship.

11 hours ago, AussieBoyTX said:

We have stayed in a Superior Stateroom further down the hall and haven't heard anything from below. Our preference is to be further away from the reception, since that can get busy, but that leaves plenty of options -- maybe something like 324 right in the center of the ship.

Thanks for the feedback and the helpful advice!

• Like 1