Seashore food video 11-20-21 (video #3)

DimSum

I know some have asked for pictures of the food on the Seashore.

Here is a video we just uploaded on the food and drinks.

The meals are from the MDR Tribeca (for dinner), Marketplace Buffet and MDR Central Park (for breakfast and lunch).

At the end of the video, we included info on where to download menus so you can see what is offered.

• Like 3

Great video. 👍   Food offerings look somewhat better than on Seashore’s Med sailings.   Will have to take a closer look at the menus to compare.  I see smoked salmon is on the breakfast menu - it wasn’t when in the Med.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Great video. 👍   Food offerings look somewhat better than on Seashore’s Med sailings.   Will have to take a closer look at the menus to compare.  I see smoked salmon is on the breakfast menu - it wasn’t when in the Med.  

The Smoke salmon was offered a couple of mornings in the Marketplace buffet but later it was changed to herring.  So we ended up going to the MDR for breakfast just to get our smoke salmon and cream cheese fix. 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, DimSum said:

The Smoke salmon was offered a couple of mornings in the Marketplace buffet but later it was changed to herring.  So we ended up going to the MDR for breakfast just to get our smoke salmon and cream cheese fix. 🙂

Smoked salmon never used to be offered in the buffet at all.  Happy to see it’s available onboard.

Haven’t had a chance to watch your entertainment video, yet.  I want to check it out on YouTube so I can watch it on the TV.  Embedded videos won’t work from my phone. 

Great video.

Wow, the food looked great.

Much better than what we were served in YC on Meraviglia.

Disappointed with food quality in YC, half of the time.
We ended up going to MARKETPLACE BUFFET for dinner a few times.

This is what Yacht Club Pool buffet looked like.  
I will try to find pic from same buffet last time we sailed.

9DCBA5F0-583E-4C8F-98C8-B97ADA0C410F.jpeg

2171682E-8502-4BD6-B181-8B2B26F1028F.jpeg

Great video. This is another thing on where MSC needs to be more cautious about. So, let us see: MSC is selling at a hard discount to the US market comparing to what they're doing here with the Europeans, and according to those photos and videos we're watching on the most recent times, they can fed those on the US sailings with what seems to be a notch above food offerings?...

I'd admit that EU covid related restriction rules are being heavier here in Europe, and obviously that will have its impact on the items they can actually to purchase from each authorized vendors in each sailing main port... But that doesn't speak for the whole product at all. Obviously different number of guests per sailing is another challenge... But MSC will need to uniformize their general offering. One thing is to offer a few more items to cope with the needs of a specific market when that market is the focus market. Another very different thing is to have what seems like 2 different companies offering 2 different products!...

Finally: Of course, by what is shown here and on the other recent videos, the MDR menus are now far more compact than what they used to be. Surprisingly; and apart my experience on the Dubai cruise; I have never seen a so nice dinner buffet experience than what is shown here. Hope the buffet restaurants to be permanently reinvented in some way on these post covid times though!...

Have a nice day!...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phissy said:

This is what Yacht Club Pool buffet looked like.

Your photos reminded me of what I found at the YC Pool Buffet.  Most of the prepared dishes didn't appeal to me, but having the Chef ready to prepare on the grill what I might want was appreciated.  

At breakfast, what surprised me since MSC is an European company, was the lack of variety of cold meats and cheeses and a variety of breads/crackers.  What was offered was just adequate and I enjoyed what I selected.  Maybe space considerations for that serving area complicates what can be offered?  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Your photos reminded me of what I found at the YC Pool Buffet.  Most of the prepared dishes didn't appeal to me, but having the Chef ready to prepare on the grill what I might want was appreciated.  

At breakfast, what surprised me since MSC is an European company, was the lack of variety of cold meats and cheeses and a variety of breads/crackers.  What was offered was just adequate and I enjoyed what I selected.  Maybe space considerations for that serving area complicates what can be offered?  

We did miss the variety of salads that used to be offered at lunch. No pasta type salads were there. There was just small glass bowl of lettuce, with option of shredded carrots, olive or croutons.  I asked if they could make a chefs salad….uhhh. They asked what was in that.  We got pretty close to it😁

• Like 1

Nice video!  I wish I could have found one like that before my cruise.

The buffet food looks very similar in variety and quality to the food on the Mera when we sailed in late September.

Having never cruised before and not knowing what to expect - I was pleasantly surprised.

Oh - the smoked salmon was available pretty much all day, everywhere on that cruise - I know because I ate my weight in it that week. 🙂

I agree with the comments above about the YC grill.  The food was good - but there was nothing special to distinguish it from the main buffet and I was disappointed by the lack of variety.  I ended up there, eating a late breakfast of Hash Browns and Roasted Tomatoes (both were great, imo) most mornings.

Edited by MonsterJoe