Covid testing for Curacao/ Aruba questions

dawei

Entry requirements for Curacao and Aruba include personal locator forms submitted online just prior to travel plus results from PCR tests done within 48 hours of arrival. That's what their websites show for air travel passengers. What about cruises? Will HAL's current requirements that accept an antigen test two days before embarkation suffice for a cruise to Curacao and Aruba?

If you cruised to these countries recently (last half of Nov.) what testing & forms were required? Was there any problem re: entry? If you have an upcoming cruise there, what have you heard about this from your TA? 

I spoke for over an hour yesterday with a Seattle based HAL person in the "Resolution Management" dept. Unfortunately, he was unable to shed light, even on my first question: Is my upcoming cruise going to happen.

We're booked on the Rotterdam for her Jan. 16th 7-day to Curacao and Aruba with this important question unanswered. 

Your experience would be appreciated.

David

The Nieuw Amsterdam is at both of those islands this week. Hopefully someone from that cruise can answer your questions. I met several people last week on that ship doing back to back and none of them mentioned any special requirements for those islands. 

I reviewed the entry requirements for both of these countries earlier today.  I interpret the requirement to be:  The Covid-19 negative test results that we must provide prior to boarding the ship meets the entry requirement for both Aruba and Curacao. 

It appears that we must still complete the form for both countries in order to get entry approval.  I will be interested to hear from any recent cruisers to these countries (recent since the Omicron variant surfaced)...

I am on the Eurodam. We were told to take a government issued ID and vaccination card (original). Neither was checked on shore.  Nothing else was required and we traveled independently in Aruba.  Our vaccination cards were checked yesterday in Costa Rica. 

Edited by ColonyGirl2
  • Thanks 2

Many thanks for your note from the Eurodam, ColonyGirl2!

Happily, Aruba and Curacao are handling cruise passenger arrivals differently than those who arrive by air.

Like Essiesmom suggested, I, (like *Miss G*) checked Eurodam's rollcall but didn't find anything about this.

We were on the Celebrity Equinox, and we stopped at all 3 of the ABC Islands in September. All 3 islands had the same visiting and entry requirements the OP mentions above. We were told to take our vaccination cards with us ashore and the only place where we had to show it was in Bonaire. We were also allowed to use non ship sponsored excursions in all 3 or just get off and walk around on our own. Curacao said masks were required both inside and outside, but there was zero enforcement.

The entry requirements currently in place are primarily for people entering the islands by air and staying at hotels.  If any testing is required to get off the ship, I am sure HAL will do them on the ship.

5 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We were on the Celebrity Equinox, and we stopped at all 3 of the ABC Islands in September. All 3 islands had the same visiting and entry requirements the OP mentions above. We were told to take our vaccination cards with us ashore and the only place where we had to show it was in Bonaire. We were also allowed to use non ship sponsored excursions in all 3 or just get off and walk around on our own. Curacao said masks were required both inside and outside, but there was zero enforcement.

We were in the ABC islands last week and it was the same. Only in Bonaire did they ask for our vaccination card. Otherwise, we only needed a government ID (driver's license, etc.) and ship card.