Family Cruise - NY - July 2023 Recommendations Please

pasodancer

Hi Everyone!  Need your advice please. 

DH & I are long time Royal Cruisers.  Just took some of the family (adult kids & grandchildren on Royal Symphony).  That was a 1st time cruise for some of our adult kids, and they absolutely fell in love with every aspect of cruising.  Guess it helped that Symphony had loads of activities and entertainment for all as well Coco Cay.

I am planning a July 2023 cruise that must only depart from NY.  Our other adult kid & family will be joining us on that sailing (will be 10 or 12 of us total coming in from all parts of country and July 2023 is the next time we can all get off from work/school).  I know some of the lines now have July 2023 NY departures listed.  But in all honestly, I know nothing about NCL, Disney, Carnival, or Celebrity (not sure if there are any other lines departing from NY).   I am open to any cruise line.

Budget wise – 1 family (2 adult / 2 kids) will be very budget conscious. 

All grandkids will be between ages of 6 & 11.  Will need a ship that is kid friendly & has plenty of activities days & night (adult kids are all in 30s). 

What would you recommend and why?

Thanking you in advance – Happy Holidays!//Maria

Hi Everyone!  Need your advice please. 

DH & I are long time Royal Cruisers.  Just took some of the family (adult kids & grandchildren on Royal Symphony).  That was a 1st time cruise for some of our adult kids, and they absolutely fell in love with every aspect of cruising.  Guess it helped that Symphony had loads of activities and entertainment for all as well Coco Cay.

I am planning a July 2023 cruise that must only depart from NY.  Our other adult kid & family will be joining us on that sailing (will be 10 or 12 of us total coming in from all parts of country and July 2023 is the next time we can all get off from work/school).  I know some of the lines now have July 2023 NY departures listed.  But in all honestly, I know nothing about NCL, Disney, Carnival, or Celebrity (not sure if there are any other lines departing from NY).   I am open to any cruise line.

Budget wise – 1 family (2 adult / 2 kids) will be very budget conscious. 

All grandkids will be between ages of 6 & 11.  Will need a ship that is kid friendly & has plenty of activities days & night (adult kids are all in 30s). 

What would you recommend and why?

Thanking you in advance – Happy Holidays!//Maria

If you are looking to cruise from NY/NJ you are limited to about 3 different itineraries: Bermuda, Canada/New England, or Bahamas.

So first, figure out what you want to do. Bermuda you will be docked for a couple of days and is a nice trip. Canada/New England can be interesting too. Bahamas will have the most sea time to get to/from the south.

Hi!  Regarding ports of call - warm would be nice, but honestly don't care as we just want to be together as a family.  We've sailed Anthem out of Cape Liberty prior COVID to Bermuda and loved it.

I just don't want to be narrowly focused on Royal, when I know there are other cruise lines out there that we could explore.  

Would love to hear from others who have sailed from NY with their families and their choice of cruise lines/ships from NY.

Thank you so much!