SFO to Pier 27 transportation

Cruzbw

We're flying into SFO for our San Francisco cruise, four of us including an 11 yo child.  We plan to take BART to the Embarcadero Station and I know it's about a mile walk to Pier 27.  Walking a mile is tough for two of us, especially with a suitcase.  Is it reasonable to assume we can easily catch a taxi at the Embarcadero Station?  Also if each of us has a suitcase, is that an issue riding BART?

Another vote for Uber.

If you decide to take BART to Embarcadero, avoid the taxis for that last mile. The traffic on Embarcadero is bad/horrendous...that 1 mile can take a cab 45 minutes and cost you a fortune. Use Uber for that last mile.

It is a bit of a walk from Embarcadero Station to Pier 27.  I've done it before.

Just for fun: if you're light on carry-ons, walk from the Embarcadero Station to Justin Herman Plaza (in front of the Ferry Building) and hail a pedicab.  Traffic is not a problem for them!

Also: see if Princess still offers coach service from SFO to the Pier.  I used to work for the shore services company that liaisoned with Princess at SFO.  We took in walk-ups all the time for a $30 one-way fare.  The chartered coach picked up Princess guests at each of the four airport terminals and dropped them off at Pier 27's front door.  Pricey?  Yes.  Fewer hassles?  Worth it!

• Like 2