Might be done with Celebrity/ beware the upgrade

cruiser61262

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

Understand but you rolled the dice, didn’t work as you had hoped.

Can you please explain how I rolled the dice.  I was promised a SV stateroom.  I was told the room was there it just needed to get back in the system and it would be assigned to me.  Do you understand that even Celebrity has basically admitted that they made the mistake.  Why are you being so obtuse?

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, cruiser61262 said:

Can you please explain how I rolled the dice.  I was promised a SV stateroom.  I was told the room was there it just needed to get back in the system and it would be assigned to me.  Do you understand that even Celebrity has basically admitted that they made the mistake.  Why are you being so obtuse?

Simply based on my own personal experience with celebrity, never once had an issue. Your mileage seems to vary.  Hope it gets resolved.

12 minutes ago, cruiser61262 said:

Everyone can certainly understand why you would be upset.  It does sound like the Celebrity rep verbally told you something that was not true.  Booking a GTY as a placeholder until a cabin clears sounds fishy to me.  You said that you made the change to a GTY three months ago.  When you did not have your new cabin in a week, it would have been a good indication that you had really booked a GTY.
Would allowing you to go back to your original cabin category at your original price an acceptable option?

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Everyone can certainly understand why you would be upset.  It does sound like the Celebrity rep verbally told you something that was not true.  Booking a GTY as a placeholder until a cabin clears sounds fishy to me.  You said that you made the change to a GTY three months ago.  When you did not have your new cabin in a week, it would have been a good indication that you had really booked a GTY.
Would allowing you to go back to your original cabin category at your original price an acceptable option?

Did you review the changes in writing via email while on the phone with the rep?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jagoffee said:

It was not me.  But I would say that they did not review the changes at all until a cabin was assigned 3 months later.

Agree and sorry I have a habit of quoting/responding to most recent.  Did not mean insinuate your agreement.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Where did the OP say they were upset because they didn’t get a cabin number?

@cruiser61262...

...I asked to speak to a supervisor.  To make a long story short, the Supervisor actually listened to the tape of my phone call and basically stated that what I told her occurred was true but  I should not have gotten off the phone without a cabin number so it was my fault...

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

@cruiser61262...

...I asked to speak to a supervisor.  To make a long story short, the Supervisor actually listened to the tape of my phone call and basically stated that what I told her occurred was true but  I should not have gotten off the phone without a cabin number so it was my fault...

Where did the OP say they were upset that they didn’t get a cabin number? They were upset at the Celebrity supervisor telling them they should’ve stayed on the phone and gotten a cabin number (apparently Celebrity is telling customers not to book their guarantee program now?) and implying it was the OP’s fault for what happened. OP knew they weren’t getting a cabin number until later when they got off the phone with the booking agent. Sometimes with guarantees you don’t find out the cabin number until you get onboard. It sounds like the OP had no issue with that happening as long as they got the Sunset Veranda category (or higher) as the guarantee program should’ve worked. Again, THAT is the issue here. They were given a lesser category which violated how the guarantee program works.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Where did the OP say they were upset that they didn’t get a cabin number? They were upset at the Celebrity supervisor telling them they should’ve stayed on the phone and gotten a cabin number (apparently Celebrity is telling customers not to book their guarantee program now?) and implying it was the OP’s fault for what happened. OP knew they weren’t getting a cabin number until later when they got off the phone with the booking agent. Sometimes with guarantees you don’t find out the cabin number until you get onboard. It sounds like the OP had no issue with that happening as long as they got the Sunset Veranda category (or higher) as the guarantee program should’ve worked. Again, THAT is the issue here. They were given a lesser category which violated how the guarantee program works.

Where did I say the OP was upset with not getting a stateroom number?  I didn't. The OP did admit she/he were at fault for not getting a stateroom number from the agent before ending the phone call.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

OP messed up, moral of the story stay on line, have them send email confirmation, review while on the call.  Got a record of it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree, and I will say never. I also would have requested the agent send me a new invoice with all the details of our conversation while still on the phone for my review.  

Not sure what good that would’ve done since it would’ve just shown them booked into Sunset Veranda Guarantee, not assigned to a cabin number. I am assuming since there were three months between this booking change on the phone and seeing that they were assigned to the IV cabin that they had either received an invoice showing the SV Guarantee and/or gone into their booking and saw it sitting there as an SV Guarantee. No agent can say when a guarantee would clear so putting that in any notes that might possibly show up on an invoice would’ve been useless although it would’ve highlighted the agent’s incompetence. Based on what the OP said though Celebrity listened to the call log and confirmed how the OP said it all played out and even confirmed that the agent needed retraining. You could say the OP was lacking knowledge of how the guarantee program works and should’ve called out the agent’s misinformation but it’s kind of irrelevant honestly. It doesn’t really matter if there was a group block of cabins releasing or not, the guarantee could be assigned whenever but it had to be in Sunset Veranda or higher and that didn’t happen. End of.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WonderMan3 said:

Not sure what good that would’ve done since it would’ve just shown them booked into Sunset Veranda Guarantee, not assigned to a cabin number. I am assuming since there were three months between this booking change on the phone and seeing that they were assigned to the IV cabin that they had either received an invoice showing the SV Guarantee and/or gone into their booking and saw it sitting there as an SV Guarantee. No agent can say when a guarantee would clear so putting that in any notes that might possibly show up on an invoice would’ve been useless although it would’ve highlighted the agent’s incompetence. Based on what the OP said though Celebrity listened to the call log and confirmed how the OP said it all played out and even confirmed that the agent needed retraining. You could say the OP was lacking knowledge of how the guarantee program works and should’ve called out the agent’s misinformation but it’s kind of irrelevant honestly. It doesn’t really matter if there was a group block of cabins releasing or not, the guarantee could be assigned whenever but it had to be in Sunset Veranda or higher and that didn’t happen. End of.

Did they get confirmation in email and then review while still on phone with CSR??

4 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Where did I say the OP was upset with not getting a stateroom number?  I didn't. The OP did admit she/he were at fault for not getting a stateroom number from the agent before ending the phone call.  

I believe if you reread that part of their post they were saying that the Celebrity supervisor told the OP it was the OP’s fault for not getting the cabin number not that the OP was admitting they were at fault. But perhaps I misunderstood the wording. OP can clarify if they want.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WonderMan3 said:

Not sure what good that would’ve done since it would’ve just shown them booked into Sunset Veranda Guarantee, not assigned to a cabin number. 

As I said I would have asked for all the details of the phone conversation. If the invoice didn't have additional notes posted on it then I would have asked for a detailed email of our conversation while still on the phone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

I believe if you reread that part of their post they were saying that the Celebrity supervisor told the OP it was the OP’s fault for not getting the cabin number not that the OP was admitting they were at fault. But perhaps I misunderstood the wording. OP can clarify if they want.

I believe if you reread that part of their post they end with, " I should not have gotten off the phone without a cabin number so it was my fault". 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

As I said I would have asked for all the details of the phone conversation. If the invoice didn't have additional notes posted on it then I would have asked for a detailed email of our conversation while still on the phone.

But why would they need to? OP booked a Sunset Veranda Guarantee. What in the notes about a group block being there in SV category would have anything to do with the OP being placed in an IV category, a lesser category from what they booked and thus a violation of the guarantee program? Even if this group block didn’t exist or it somehow got reclaimed by the travel agent, OP would still be sitting in SV guarantee and just would’ve waited longer for a cabin to clear in that category and if not then be placed in a higher category. I’m not sure how many different ways this can be stated to make it any clearer.

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I believe if you reread that part of their post they end with, " I should not have gotten off the phone without a cabin number so it was my fault". 

My reading of that was that was the supervisor’s words to the OP or a paraphrasing of it not the OP admitting they did something in error. If you include the full text it makes more sense “the Supervisor actually listened to thetape of my phone call and basically stated that what I told her occurred was true but  I should not havegotten off the phone without a cabin number so it was my fault.” 

Again, OP would need to clarify that. Also again though, irrelevant since OP didn’t need to have a cabin number on the call if they were booking a guarantee; you don’t get a cabin number on the call when booking a guarantee.

Just now, WonderMan3 said:

But why would they need to? OP booked a Sunset Veranda Guarantee. What in the notes about a group block being there in SV category would have anything to do with the OP being placed in an IV category, a lesser category from what they booked and thus a violation of the guarantee program? Even if this group block didn’t exist or it somehow got reclaimed by the travel agent, OP would still be sitting in SV guarantee and just would’ve waited longer for a cabin to clear in that category and if not then be placed in a higher category. I’m not sure how many different ways this can be stated to make it any clearer.

Wrong person. Way above my paygrade. The stateroom number comment is/was confessing to me when a stateroom category is booked as a guarantee. I'm not sure how many different ways this can be stated to make it any clearer!  What notes about a group block? 

3 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

My reading of that was that was the supervisor’s words to the OP or a paraphrasing of it not the OP admitting they did something in error. If you include the full text it makes more sense “the Supervisor actually listened to thetape of my phone call and basically stated that what I told her occurred was true but  I should not havegotten off the phone without a cabin number so it was my fault.” 

Again, OP would need to clarify that. Also again though, irrelevant since OP didn’t need to have a cabin number on the call if they were booking a guarantee; you don’t get a cabin number on the call when booking a guarantee.

You assuming.  It's very clear to me what the OP said. 

No kidding. 

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Wrong person. Way above my paygrade. The stateroom number comment is/was confessing to me when a stateroom category is booked as a guarantee. I'm not sure how many different ways this can be stated to make it any clearer!  What notes about a group block? 

Huh? 

You said all discussions from the call should’ve been put in the invoice (in notes is what I am assuming you meant). The discussion with the agent was about a group block of rooms of SV cabins that was coming back into the system supposedly that OP’s guarantee cabin would clear into. It’s in OP’s original post.