Silhouette Dec 13-24 Live Update

Stealthdog

Some pics of Curacao at night and gingerbread decorations added the ship.  Usually we walk across the pontoon bridge and check out the floating market, but skipped it this time around.  

P&O was in port with us - we were able to chat with several of their guests at Mambo Beach.  They are on a 14 day sailing out of Barbados - so jealous. 😃

20211220_182824.jpg

20211220_182817.jpg

20211220_183249.jpg

20211220_191141.jpg

20211220_191824.jpg

20211220_191757.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 10:32 AM, ela123 said:

And please say hi to Bojana she’s from us we spent a month on the Silhouette Sept to Oct ….she’s brilliant ….Elaine and James Hamilton

Bojana also says hello back.  Both of them really love to engage with the guests and hear from them.  I think Alexandra said she also recognized the name.

• Like 1

At Bonaire did the Catamaran Scenic Sail and Swim in the Bonaire Marine Park.  Really cant go wrong with any snorkling in Bonaire and can definately do it on your own.  The three places we have heard are Klein Bonaire (did that one about 4-5 years ago with Captain Kate and had a great time), the Marine Park, and the 1000 Steps.  

The Marine Park tour takes you to the snorkling site past Klein Bonaire.  Tons of corals, fish, and rock formations to see.  Unfortunately no sea turtles or octopus sighting yesterday, but a passenger yesterday said she saw turtles when snorking off one of resorts.

Some pics of the sail along the coast, the ship from the cataraman, and Klein Bonaire

20211221_100003.jpg

20211221_103910.jpg

20211221_100005.jpg

20211221_121355.jpg

• Like 2

Yesterday we decided to try the Porch for lunch because we had a free specialty dining because tonight is surf and turf night and we cancelled our 2nd Qsine dining.  

The only two tables used at the Porch were us and Comedian Al Ducharme.  Surprised there werent more guests there because there really arent alot of lunch dining options on ship, especially on port days.

The seafood options were good.  The Asian sesame chicken wings were ok, and the charcuterie board was just sad.  The charcuterie consisted of 3 sliced deli meats (salami, turkey, and bologna).  It looked like something you would get at a continental breakfast at a motel 8.  The chicken and chorizo paella was very good.

The restaurant itself was up by the lawn club and you get nice views of the ship and off ship.  Not sure it was worth a specialty dining, but given lack of variety for lunch, its an option.

Im not sure why every selfie we take is displayed upside down.....🤣

20211221_122243.jpg

20211221_125740.jpg

20211221_125747.jpg

20211221_131757.jpg

20211221_131800.jpg

20211221_134628.jpg

20211221_133951.jpg

• Like 1

For dinner we did the Indian Taj.  It was a nice option and we definately recommend.  There is no other place on ship to get this and its on par with the top Indian restaurants back home.

All the appetizers are brought out tapa size and then the mains are brought out family style with sides of rices and nan breads (i think it is called roti there).  Alternative drinks like sake are also available.  The service was not as good as the service in the other restaurants - waited too long for water and drink refills.

The cost was $35/person, so roughly the same cost as other specialty dining.

20211221_182917.jpg

20211221_185843.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stealthdog said:

Im not sure why every selfie we take is displayed upside down.....🤣

I believe this happens when you hold the phone in your left hand for selfies.  It orients the camera upside down but the phone rotates the view when you look at the picture on the phone.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Stealthdog said:

For dinner we did the Indian Taj.  It was a nice option and we definately recommend.  There is no other place on ship to get this and its on par with the top Indian restaurants back home.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it!  Interestingly, it was $40pp on our cruise the week before, so you got a bargain! 🤣 (Maybe there weren’t enough takers at $40…) We loved the meal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stealthdog said:

20211221_122243.jpg

Entrees - Pei Mussels.    Yes! please.

I really don't like seafood but, think it is pretty neat that those mussels are from here.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

From Prince Edward Island.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Stealthdog said:

Mixology with Alexandra at World Class Bar.  For those going on the Beyond, you will be lucky because Alex is moving from the Silhouette to the Beyond.

20211223_142628.jpg

When does Alexandra move?  We signed up for this class based on recommendations here. We cruise Silhouette on 1/24. 

Thanks for your reply.

It looks like you were one of the last ships to visit Bonaire and Aruba for a while based on reports I’m seeing of new protocols their governments are enacting. 

Edited by RICCruisers

On 12/22/2021 at 8:18 AM, Stealthdog said:

All the appetizers are brought out tapa size and then the mains are brought out family style with sides of rices and nan breads (i think it is called roti there).  Alternative drinks like sake are also available.  The service was not as good as the service in the other restaurants - waited too long for water and drink refills.

The cost was $35/person, so roughly the same cost as other specialty dining.

20211221_182917.jpg

20211221_185843.jpg

Do they still offer several Indian choices at the lunch buffet?

23 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

When does Alexandra move?  We signed up for this class based on recommendations here. We cruise Silhouette on 1/24. 

Thanks for your reply.

It looks like you were one of the last ships to visit Bonaire and Aruba for a while based on reports I’m seeing of new protocols their governments are enacting. 

I think she said February, but I dont remember but i think she said that was when she was going home before transferring to the Beyond.

The mixology was much better than the wine tasting - would definately recommend that over any of the wine events.  

The mixology goes over the history of cocktails, the basic requierements, shaking vs stirring, and 4 drinks.  Definately alot of fun.

On 12/20/2021 at 9:56 PM, like2cruise said:

Did you happen to notice if the Sky Lounge still offers the drink menu with names from the Astrological signs...I love the Taurus one and I am hopeful to have it again when we sail on the Silly.  This is how great the staff can be.  After ordering many of these and going on a different ship 2-3 years later a staff member recognized my husband and asked where I was by name.  We are still stunned.  He made me Taurus drinks at the Sunset Bar for that cruise even though not on the menu there.  

Sorry, but we never closed this one for you.  I am 100% positive they had them because I saw the Sagittarius one and it looked digusting - had maple syrup and a few other weird ingredients.  😐

A few other photos to share.  Disembarkation was a breeze - off the ship and waiting for ride share within 30 minutes.  Flying home now - will close this out with some last thoughts and answer any other questions.  Hopefully someone is on now and will continue with their own review.

20211223_095651.jpg

20211223_095700.jpg

20211224_064027.jpg

13 minutes ago, Stealthdog said:

A few other photos to share.  Disembarkation was a breeze - off the ship and waiting for ride share within 30 minutes.  Flying home now - will close this out with some last thoughts and answer any other questions.  Hopefully someone is on now and will continue with their own review.

20211223_095651.jpg

20211223_095700.jpg

20211224_064027.jpg

Why the thumbs down?  🤔

• Haha 1

On 12/9/2021 at 4:08 PM, Turtles06 said:

Every day, we see numerous crew members in public venues serving food or drinks, talking to guests, walking through the stateroom passageways, etc., with their masks pulled below their noses or their chins.  I have spoken with someone about this. So far, the powers that be do not seem to care.

There are a handful of young children on board. I’ve never seen them masked. 

There is no social distancing in the MDR, the theatre, or the elevators, despite what it says on Celebrity’s website.  With only 1300 guests on board, there is no excuse for people to be crammed into the MDR — especially the two-tops that are not even an inch apart. 

I find this very disappointing. 

3 hours ago, Heidi pour another Beer said:

Wore a mask throughout the cruise, fully vaccinated with booster. Arrived home  from Ft. Lauderdale and tested at 12:30. Both my son and my self are positive. I don't think were the only passengers who contracted it on board...did not get off at ports. Many had "colds" and/or allergies." Just letting my fellow cruisers so they can test if possible before they visit family.

Did you see this post from someone on your cruise?

Not exactly a surprise considering what you experienced .