Silhouette Dec 13-24 Live Update

Stealthdog

General observations so far.

Food has been great no issues with any of our meals.  Have not had dinner in MDR though, just Blu.  Still, very much the celebrity quality i remember.

The service has been hit or miss though.  It feels a little slower than we are used to.  Talking with another passenger in Persian Gardens, he noticed the same.  It may be a case that there are alot of new untrained crew and they are working on it.  But, if you are sailing soon, give yourself some extra time for breakfast before you need to get to an excursion time.

The entertainment still dies down quickly before midnight.  Last night the ship was almost 100% empty after midnight.  The quality of the performers vary as well.  The house band (The Cardinals) are fantastic - very talented lead singer.  They gave a performace last night in the center and people were able to watch down from multiple decks.  It almost felt like a concert.  The argentinian band C'est si bon was not as bon.  It was ok listening to at the bar, but they seemed to have several mistakes between the 4 members being on different keys or verses.

There is alot of DJ activity on the ship. He is entertaining, but I prefer live performances.

The Spa gardens is very good on the ship - all 3 rooms work well - the sauna, steam room, and aromatherapy.

The gym is fantastic.  Its probably the best cruise ship gym ive seen - tons of cardio machines, machine, and free weight options.

I dont think i am a huge fan of the lawn replacing the sports deck.  I like having the option of basketball courts.  They put a ping pong table inside in front of one of the elevators which seems weird - people getting off may unsuspectedly get hit with a ping pong ball.

Edited by Stealthdog
Typos

5 minutes ago, Stealthdog said:

I dont think i am a huge fan of the lawn replacing the sports deck.  I like having the option of basketball courts.  They put a ping pong table inside in front of one of the elevators which seems weird - people getting off may unsuspectedly get hit with a ping pong ball.

Thanks for the review, we sail on Silhouette again in March.  The lawn did not replace the sports deck, it's always been there but there were some changes.  The sports deck was replaced by the Retreat Sun Deck. (decks 15 & 16 forward)

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 9:06 AM, Turtles06 said:

Have a great cruise! We are enjoying our last day at sea. Don’t miss the one-time Taj X Indian dinner if they offer it. Book as soon as you board. 

We booked it today.  They are offering it the last port day (Bonaire for us) in the Sushi restaurant. Thanks for the heads up.

6 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Thanks for the review, we sail on Silhouette again in March.  The lawn did not replace the sports deck, it's always been there but there were some changes.  The sports deck was replaced by the Retreat Sun Deck. (decks 15 & 16 forward)

Thanks for the correction!  Was not aware.  In that case, love the lawn and hate the suite passengers getting their sun deck. 😀

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stealthdog said:

The entertianment still dies down quickly before midnight.  Last night the ship was almost 100% after midnight.  The quality of the performers vary as well.  The house band (The Cardinals) are fantastic - very talented lead singer.  They gave a performace last night in the center and people were able to watch down from multiple decks.  It almost felt like a concert.  The argentinian band C'est si bon was not as bon.  It was ok listening to at the bar, but they seemed to have several mistakes between the 4 members being on different keys or verses.

Great to follow your Live Review, it is enjoyable to hear various perspectives. Thank you. 
Funny, I felt absolutely the opposite about the bands. If you listen to the Cardinals from far away, the lead cannot hold a note. He certainly THINKS he is great. 
We watched/listened to the Cardinals on the previous Dec 3 leg and thought they were much better then - kept wondering if they switched out the lead. Different music?  
When we listened to the C’est Bon we thought the lead was great, she also plays the trumpet. 
So happy they have a variety of live entertainment. Not too crazy about the DJ mixes, but not bad. 

Thoughts about the ping pong table for us were the same, but it used to be outdoors and because of the wind, the ball was tough to keep track of. 🤣

I hope it is okay, that I wrote my thoughts here. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CharlieCharlieCharlie said:

Thoughts about the ping pong table for us were the same, but it used to be outdoors and because of the wind, the ball was tough to keep track of. 🤣

I hope it is okay, that I wrote my thoughts here. 

No worries - its great.  Different people see things differently. Some things i like others may not - so everyone should check everything out themselves.  

We thought the lead for C'est Bon was great too - i dont think the errors were her part.  It may be they have a new member or 2 and need more rehearsal. 

Edited by Stealthdog
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I have the same problem with CC. It can log me out with no warning. Everything just goes real slow. I know now to get off, then get back on and log in. It's ridiculous. All this crap started when they had that last major "upgrade".

It is incredible that it has gone on for at least 3 months.   I am successful   and clearing cache specifically for Cruise Critics and even reported the exact cookie that is causing the problem and not even a response or thank you .      I usually have to clear the cookie 1 - 3 times a day.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It is incredible that it has gone on for at least 3 months.   I am successful   and clearing cache specifically for Cruise Critics and even reported the exact cookie that is causing the problem and not even a response or thank you .      I usually have to clear the cookie 1 - 3 times a day.

It’s gone on for more than a year. See the discussion linked below in the Need Help forum. It would be great if folks would post their experiences in that thread, to help CC understand the extent of this problem and so it’s not just a handful of people posting there. Thanks! 

6 hours ago, Stealthdog said:

We thought the lead for C'est Bon was great too - i dont think the errors were her part.  It may be they have a new member or 2 and need more rehearsal. 

Changed my mind. Tonight the Cardinals sound great again. It must’ve been me, or the songs I heard. Can’t help but enjoy their energy!  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stealthdog said:

We booked it today.  They are offering it the last port day (Bonaire for us) in the Sushi restaurant. Thanks for the heads up.

Would love to know more details about this Indian dinner option...pricing, menu etc. if you could please

7 hours ago, like2cruise said:

Would love to know more details about this Indian dinner option...pricing, menu etc. if you could please

6 hours ago, grifflee said:

Was there an additional charge for the Indian dinner?

I posted the menu from the one-time dinner last week in my comment 111 above. Price was $40pp including the gratuity, and well worth it. 

• Like 1

Ate at Qsine last night.  We loved the old Qsine and were very apprehensive going in last night.  But it was fantastic.  The animation was really well done and the chef is ourstanding.  They have a 4 course meal (and alternative for each you can substitute).  Definately among the best meal ive had on a ship - on par with Disney's Remy restaurant.  Got the soup, duck, filet, and brownie.

20211215_175714.jpg

20211215_175731.jpg

20211215_182337.jpg

20211215_184457.jpg

20211215_190750.jpg

20211215_194347.jpg

• Like 1

Last night was also the first evening chic night.  Dressing up is 100% optional and you will see people in tshirts and jeans all the way up to tuxedos and evening gowns.  Not our finest, but we wanted to dress up at least a little - we do like the tradition of dressing up on occassion on cruises even though it does take some luggage space. 

Also some pics of the atrium with the Captain and crew welcome.  This is one of the my favorite parts of the ship.  The production singers and dancers did a nice show immediately following.

Went to see the show last night in the theater - the Company Men.  The 9PM show - people were able to space out nicely in the theater so people didnt have to sit on top of each other.  Was a reminder to us that we dont go on Celebrity for the entertainment.  It seemed alot of people really enjoyed the show though.

20211215_174201.jpg

20211215_200236.jpg

20211215_204858.jpg

Edited by Stealthdog
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Stealthdog said:

General observations so far.

Food has been great no issues with any of our meals.  Have not had dinner in MDR though, just Blu.  Still, very much the celebrity quality i remember.

The service has been hit or miss though.  It feels a little slower than we are used to.  Talking with another passenger in Persian Gardens, he noticed the same.  It may be a case that there are alot of new untrained crew and they are working on it.  But, if you are sailing soon, give yourself some extra time for breakfast before you need to get to an excursion time.

The entertainment still dies down quickly before midnight.  Last night the ship was almost 100% empty after midnight.  The quality of the performers vary as well.  The house band (The Cardinals) are fantastic - very talented lead singer.  They gave a performace last night in the center and people were able to watch down from multiple decks.  It almost felt like a concert.  The argentinian band C'est si bon was not as bon.  It was ok listening to at the bar, but they seemed to have several mistakes between the 4 members being on different keys or verses.

There is alot of DJ activity on the ship. He is entertaining, but I prefer live performances.

The Spa gardens is very good on the ship - all 3 rooms work well - the sauna, steam room, and aromatherapy.

The gym is fantastic.  Its probably the best cruise ship gym ive seen - tons of cardio machines, machine, and free weight options.

we just got off the Silhouette as you boarded. The Cardinals are excellent! the last night of our cruise I got to sing karaoke with the band and the lead singer. It was so fun! So make sure to look for that. Byrony Drake tends to be in the Ensemble lounge and is really good. solo guitarist/singer. Also the bartenders in there rock! And Valentina the waitress in there too-- please say hi to them from Aimee and Kelly if you do go to Ensemble. Have a great time! We loved our time on Silhouette!  

• Like 1

We did the behind the scenes tour excursion today, with Anita from shore excursions.  Was really nice and limited to 10 passengers.  They took us to the bridge, engineer control room, provisions, environmental disposal, galley, and laundry, as well as "I-95" the main route the crew uses that runs all the way aft to forward.  Would definately recommend a behind the scenes tour for anyone that hasnt been on one.  Great info on how the ship operates and a good opportunity to engage with some of the ship officers.  Pics below.

20211216_100601.jpg

20211216_102410.jpg

20211216_102458.jpg

20211216_105557.jpg

20211216_110620.jpg

20211216_112703.jpg

20211216_113412.jpg

20211216_113930.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Stealthdog said:

We did the behind the scenes tour excursion today, with Anita from shore excursions.  Was really nice and limited to 10 passengers.  They took us to the bridge, engineer control room, provisions, environmental disposal, galley, and laundry, as well as "I-95" the main route the crew uses that runs all the way aft to forward.  Would definately recommend a behind the scenes tour for anyone that hasnt been on one.  Great info on how the ship operates and a good opportunity to engage with some of the ship officers.  Pics below.

20211216_100601.jpg

20211216_102410.jpg

20211216_102458.jpg

20211216_105557.jpg

20211216_110620.jpg

20211216_112703.jpg

20211216_113412.jpg

20211216_113930.jpg

Nice.  I have done several Small group Kitchen tours, Bridge Tours, and Backstage theater tours.  As well as a Engine control room tour.  Do you think that it would be worthwhile for me to pay and take this tour?  Or is most of it a repeat.  I think the Kitchen tour lead by the Executive chef was my favorite.

Keep enjoying your cruise. 

• Like 1