Is there a place to see the ACTUAL stateroom you intend to book?

AZDivers

I second the cruisedeckplans dot com site.  You can see actual pictures that people have uploaded, but you do need to become a member.  There are different lengths of membership for different prices.  Since we cruise a lot, I got the lifetime membership and it is worth every penny.    I upload pictures of my room - the parts that don't get the most attention by other picture-takers but that I like to know every time I sail, (balcony size, view from balcony, where the safe and the closet is, where the bed is in relation to the closet, anything special or different about the room, etc) and they give you .50 per picture.  It has more than paid for the membership, and I'll continue using it for a long time.  Unabashed plug....

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Birdnutty said:

I second the cruisedeckplans dot com site.  You can see actual pictures that people have uploaded, but you do need to become a member.  There are different lengths of membership for different prices.  Since we cruise a lot, I got the lifetime membership and it is worth every penny.    I upload pictures of my room - the parts that don't get the most attention by other picture-takers but that I like to know every time I sail, (balcony size, view from balcony, where the safe and the closet is, where the bed is in relation to the closet, anything special or different about the room, etc) and they give you .50 per picture.  It has more than paid for the membership, and I'll continue using it for a long time.  Unabashed plug....

Last time I checked, it was 8.99 for 1 year, 11.99 for 2 years and 14.99 for 3 years, with no lifetime option.

I checked that site for your room placement, and nobody has uploaded actual pics on either the Apex or its sister ship the Edge.  But Youtube should be the next place to check out.  One of the things that "Deckplans" notes is that you can't see straight down to the water from there, as there is a metal walkway that extends out in front of that cabin.  

Just now, SNJCruisers said:

Last time I checked, it was 8.99 for 1 year, 11.99 for 2 years and 14.99 for 3 years, with no lifetime option.

I just checked tonight and saw an option of lifetime membership for $29.99.  They do keep changing it.  I got in at the very beginning so have not seen the evolution.

It appears that there are two places you can sign up, and only one lists the lifetime membership.  Took this from the site just now.

Cruisedeckplans.com Signup Form

If you already have an account on our website, please log in to continue
* Membership Type 
 One Year Membership $8.99 for one yearOne Year Membership
 Two Year Membership $11.99 for 2 yearsTwo year membership.
 Lifetime Membership $29.99BY POPULAR DEMAND.
 Three Year Membership $14.99 for 3 yearsThree Year Membership

5 hours ago, luckybecky said:

How/where did you find that detailed information? Is it available for other ships?

Honestly, I was looking to book one of the single balcony rooms and just googled “obstructed view cabins on Celebrity” and up popped the chart.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/EDGE_Percent_Obstructed_View.pdf

6 hours ago, luckybecky said:

How/where did you find that detailed information? Is it available for other ships?

Here is Solstice class… 

http://www.thecelebritycommitment.com/360_Solstice_Staterooms_Suites.html

and M Class… http://www.thecelebritycommitment.com/360_Millennium_Class.html

and Edge class…

http://thecelebritycommitment.com/Edge_Apex_Partially_Obstructed_Views.html

Click on any of the cabin numbers to see a 360 view of the cabin and balcony view. 

Edited by Cruise Gopher
  • Thanks 5

I joined Cruisdeck Plans years back and they had a lifetime membership of $15.   Glad I signed up.  The do have a public site that does not require membership but is limited.  They also pay for pictures of your room and around the ship.   

Another feature I like is there is a feature after clicking room that shows what is above and below your room (map view)

On the subject of obstructed view.   I noticed on my last invoice from Celebrity there was an item in the header that said % obstructed view.    The rooms I booked all said 0 so can't confirm if it really shows the obstructed view

• Like 1

Google cruiseline, ship, stateroom number, cruisedeckplans. Then look at IMAGES. It takes a little bit of skill but if there is a photo posted you can usually find it this way without a paid membership. Sometimes you can only find a picture of the room on a sister ship, but you can still find a lot with this kind of search. 

Edited by royalcruz