Omicron - anyone canceling an upcoming cruise?

kj_connections

What happens if we decide to move the cruise and end up paying less than what we already paid for our room?  What happens to the balance?  We also have bunch of wines and OBD (that we purchased with negative balance)....know what happens to those if and when we move the cruise to a later date?

Edited by FrostyJoe

11 minutes ago, FrostyJoe said:

What happens if we decide to move the cruise and end up paying less than what we already paid for our room?  What happens to the balance?  We also have bunch of wines and OBD (that we purchased with negative balance)....know what happens to those if and when we move the cruise to a later date?

The difference goes to your account as onboard cruise credit. I don't know the other answer.

1 hour ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

We will call one more time tomorrow with the same questions and see if we can talk to a supervisor who was supposed to call by today. Nope!

MSC has raised there prices knowing that people want to flex and include no perks.I also see the promo where you got OBC, WIFI and 5%+15% together is gone.

I am infiriorated with MSC screwing customers like this. Also having Customer Reps on the line answering calls and giving you No concrete info. How can you make a decision?

We may cut our losses and our time and just bail.

Never ever again for us with MSC. First and last…

Can't say I blame you, but try to do some kind of a move. We booked the cruise leaving Sunday in early January2021. We helped to keep them afloat and should expect some loyalty.

47 minutes ago, FrostyJoe said:

The amount that you paid for the wine will be credited automatically to the card you used to buy it.
We had purchased 4 bottles for our Jan 8th cruise and the rep didn’t know what would happen to that when I called to use cruise flex.

While on the line with her I checked my email while she was asking a supervisor and MSC had sent an automatic email as soon as we moved the original cruise stating our $96 for the wine was going back on our CC.  We had the credit within 7 days on the card (I was shocked at that)

46 minutes ago, styles27 said:

The amount that you paid for the wine will be credited automatically to the card you used to buy it.
We had purchased 4 bottles for our Jan 8th cruise and the rep didn’t know what would happen to that when I called to use cruise flex.

While on the line with her I checked my email while she was asking a supervisor and MSC had sent an automatic email as soon as we moved the original cruise stating our $96 for the wine was going back on our CC.  We had the credit within 7 days on the card (I was shocked at that)

Hmm...but I bought it with negative balance I had from various discounts applied after final payment.....do you know if they go by the $ amount I actually originally paid when I book a move a cruise? Or the final bottom line $ as total due after all discounts applied?  I think originally it was 1600 ish I paid cash but with various discounts I got it down to 1200 after final payment.  Used the negative balance to pay for service charge & 4 bottles of wine + 150 OBC purchase....

41 minutes ago, FrostyJoe said:

Hmm...but I bought it with negative balance I had from various discounts applied after final payment.....do you know if they go by the $ amount I actually originally paid when I book a move a cruise? Or the final bottom line $ as total due after all discounts applied?  I think originally it was 1600 ish I paid cash but with various discounts I got it down to 1200 after final payment.  Used the negative balance to pay for service charge & 4 bottles of wine + 150 OBC purchase....

Oh okay I understand now. 

I had a negative balance which was from them applying the extra 15% off for the 5%+15% VC voyage discount that I should have been given when I booked the cruise, but I wasn’t. 
It was then issued as an OBC because it was adjusted after final payment of the original cruise. 
When I moved our cruise to November I lost that OBC (it was approx $150)

The only $$$ moved to the new sailing date was the actual money we paid for the Jan 8th cruise which was just over $1400. 

**They wouldn’t let us use the $150 to pay for the wine even though when I purchased the wine I was showing that I had a negative balance of $150

I had to use my cc to pay for the wine. That’s why it was refunded when we moved the cruise. 

When I moved the cruise I was able to get the all in WiFi and easy plus drink package for the November cruise.

I didn’t have that on the original Jan cruise that I moved.

Seeing they’re no longer offering the all in  promotion for November I think I’ll sit on that cruise for a while even though they changed the date and the itinerary on me since we made the switch. 

November is a long way off and knowing MSC I’m sure they may change the itinerary, date or ship on me again.  🙄

My husband is so confused by all of this that he told me to just let him know the week before…when, where and on what ship we’re actually going on. 😬

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Oh okay I understand now. 

I had a negative balance which was from them applying the extra 15% off for the 5%+15% VC voyage discount that I should have been given when I booked the cruise, but I wasn’t. 
It was then issued as an OBC because it was adjusted after final payment of the original cruise. 
When I moved our cruise to November I lost that OBC (it was approx $150)

The only $$$ moved to the new sailing date was the actual money we paid for the Jan 8th cruise which was just over $1400. 

**They wouldn’t let us use the $150 to pay for the wine even though when I purchased the wine I was showing that I had a negative balance of $150

I had to use my cc to pay for the wine. That’s why it was refunded when we moved the cruise. 

When I moved the cruise I was able to get the all in WiFi and easy plus drink package for the November cruise.

I didn’t have that on the original Jan cruise that I moved.

Seeing they’re no longer offering the all in  promotion for November I think I’ll sit on that cruise for a while even though they changed the date and the itinerary on me since we made the switch. 

November is a long way off and knowing MSC I’m sure they may change the itinerary, date or ship on me again.  🙄

My husband is so confused by all of this that he told me to just let him know the week before…when, where and on what ship we’re actually going on. 😬

We're also considering March.....but there's no non-YC suites available....I don't care much about YC but the only reason why we would bid for an upgrade from balcony would be for the bigger room.  Thoughts about what it costs to get a winning bid if we were to go March?

Lol about your husband.  At least he's willing to go along for the ride 🙂 ....instead of telling u let's forget about it.....

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 2:48 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

It's unclear to me because it states 1 free change.

Also they just changed the whole thing I was told today so I googled it and it has changed.

Google msc piece of mind 48 hours.

PEACE OF MIND

If you test positive for
COVID-19 within 14 days
prior to or during your cruise,
you and your traveling party
will receive a full or prorated
refund and assistance if
required, with onboard
medical care and land-based
quarantine. We'll make it easy
for you to meet testing
obligations on board prior to
returning home.

18 minutes ago, FrostyJoe said:

We're also considering March.....but there's no non-YC suites available....I don't care much about YC but the only reason why we would bid for an upgrade from balcony would be for the bigger room.  Thoughts about what it costs to get a winning bid if we were to go March?

Lol about your husband.  At least he's willing to go along for the ride 🙂 ....instead of telling u let's forget about it.....

I remember receiving an offer to bid on upgrades for our Jan cruise. We considered bidding on the whirlpool suite so I know that min bid was $310pp  (that would have gotten us the Aurea experience as well) I can’t remember the other amounts in the email. 

15 hours ago, styles27 said:

Thank you! That wasn’t there yesterday lol

I like the original itinerary better. San Juan from 5pm to 1am?! I mean why bother? Also not a fan of DR so we will definitely be cancelling this one. 

The San Juan from 5-1 has been fairly common.  We had it on a Seaside trip.

Don't like it either.  Why can't they make it a full day so you can tour of go to beach?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FrostyJoe said:

There has not been lots of bidding info here vs NCL where the thread is over 100 pages.  The same company does the bids.

I can only say our bid was only about $100 savings vs booking outright.  Then a second email came and it was $1,000 more.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dexddd said:

The San Juan from 5-1 has been fairly common.  We had it on a Seaside trip.

Don't like it either.  Why can't they make it a full day so you can tour of go to beach?

I agree. We had the same time of 5pm - 1am in Dec. 2019 on the Seaside.  We just stayed on the ship.

• Like 1

Pretty amazing that for some reason MSC can’t book from January 2023 to April 2023.. even though that have a big add on there site book winter cruises 2022 and 2023… they have the cruise dates on site.

Even when they know people are trying to move out dates. Plus amazing all their prices have doubled and perks disappeared.

Looks like Jan 16th sailing will only have around 300 guests.  I am a bit excited to have the ship almost all to ourselves but also a bit sad as well.  I hope some last minute bookings come in so the ship has at least some kind of atmosphere! 

2 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

Looks like Jan 16th sailing will only have around 300 guests.  I am a bit excited to have the ship almost all to ourselves but also a bit sad as well.  I hope some last minute bookings come in so the ship has at least some kind of atmosphere! 

It's overated and actually lousy as everything is closed or closes early.

We ate at the steak house yesterday at 6pm. Just the 2 of us.

Only 450 ish guests on board.

Entertainment shuts down early or non existent.

Even atrium had none last night.

Most bars had no one.

Want your laundry done? Usually overnight. How about 2 hours no matter when you turn it in 

We had some pressing. 20 minutes.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

With the response from the agent this morning, I got the impression that our waiting until Friday is an exercise in futility. 

My TA got the same message yesterday but was able to put a hold on the cruise and cabin I want for Oct. 2022, I have 16 days left before my cruise and needs to be canceled!!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

There will be at least six or more who are poised to cancel today or tomorrow. I bet that number is much higher. So, you'll get to know everyone by name. I wonder if this is a wise economic move to continue with the sailing (for MSC) since the majority of the ports will be canceled. Isn't it better just to cancel this 10 day cruise and let their crew get well?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fredric22 said:

Where did you get that info? In the roll call, someone said 1,000