Move Up Question--luggage tags, shoreside concierge?

bluejayway327

Hi, all,

We're sailing in January in a Royal Suite on Equinox. We made a Move Up offer on a Penthouse that is currently pending with no option to edit the offer. 

Our friends travelling with us are able to view their edocs and print their luggage tags, but we are not. We've also not heard from shoreside concierge yet; last time, we got an email exactly a month out from our sailing date. 

Could this be delayed due to the Move Up offer? Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what has been your experience regarding luggage tags & shoreshide concierge contact? 

I agree with jelayne based on my October experience.  If you were originally booked in an R.S., I am fairly certain the timing of your Shoreside Concierge contact has nothing to do with your move up offer.  
By the way if you win your bid and your TA “gifts” you Refundable OBC as a percentage of the cruise price, you should contract your TA for a possible adjustment.  Your TA earns a commission on the winning move up bid additional cost.  

Although I requested my luggage tags on line and again to the Shoreside Concierge, I never received my luggage tags.  This was true for my original cabin category and my upgraded cabin.  Not a big issue as I just printed the upgraded ones.  

Good luck.  A Penthouse suite would be exciting.

22 minutes ago, jelayne said:

From what others have posted it seems contact from the Shoreside Concierge is happening about 7- 10 days or so before sailing.

Oh interesting! We got our email for our cruise in November a full month out; I kinda just assumed that was the norm. Good to know; I'm just worrying over nothing then! 

1 minute ago, jagoffee said:

Although I requested my luggage tags on line and again to the Shoreside Concierge, I never received my luggage tags.  This was true for my original cabin category and my upgraded cabin.  Not a big issue as I just printed the upgraded ones.  

Good luck.  A Penthouse suite would be exciting.

Had that issue with my first Celebrity cruise--I received them in the mail after I got home. Oh well!

Thanks! It would be convenient with a second full bath, but the Royal Suite would already be a great treat too.

• Like 1

Our experience in both RS and PH has been contact about 2 weeks out also. If your upgrade remains ‘pending’ until a few days before sailing I would assume if it is successful they would simply forward your RS requests to your new room if it is a different butler. Usually there is a butler each side of the ship who looks after a PH plus other suites. 

We love both suites, the light and space of the PH on S class really is very decadent….as is the space in the main bathroom. Definitely worth experiencing. However, we have never had a complaint with the RS…still very spacious and perks remain the same.

Enjoy your cruise! When we were last on Equinox we had fantastic food and service in both Murano and Tuscan. Also the sommeliers made a real effort to pair wines for us…Really enhanced our experience.

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise!

Thanks, chemmo! I forgot to check back on this thread, whoops. I'm relieved hearing that most people hear things 2 weeks out so I really appreciate the replies. I was worrying our offer was delaying things. I'll certainly be happy either way, but I am a very anxious planner and like to have everything checked off my list, heh. 

Edited by bluejayway327