AquaClass Sky Suites on Apex? Now?

Afriendtoallanimals

I was just perusing my upcoming February 2022 deck plans on Apex (like what else to do on a Tuesday night) and it shows my many months ago booked sky suite as now being an Aquaclass Sky Suite on deck 10.  I knew it was a new category on Beyond but I'm a little surprised.   Anyone have any intel????

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-apex

Interesting... I knew they are reviving the concept on Beyond but didn´t know about Apex.
But since they are not physically changing anything within the suite itself, all they need to do is change the category - which they have obviously done.

We are booked in a regular Sky Suite on the Apex in 2023 for 12 nights. The Aqua Class Sky suite is $1200pp more than what we paid for the SS, and it is only $200pp less for a Celebrity Suite on the same cruise. From what I can see all you get in the AQ SS over the regular SS is access to the spa. For $200 more I would book the Celebrity Suite in an instant over the AQ SS.. The reality on our cruise not one of the AQ SS are showing sold while about 50% of the regular SS are sold, looks like Celebrity might have made a mistake with this new category if no one wants to book them.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

The reality on our cruise not one of the AQ SS are showing sold while about 50% of the regular SS are sold, looks like Celebrity might have made a mistake with this new category if no one wants to book them

This is exactly what happened with the concept when they introduced it when Refection was released.  It was prior to Luminae and Retreat and it gave only these suites access to Blu.  Nobody wanted to pay the upcharge so they went unsold.  I got them consistently when booking suite GTY on that ship.

I guess now they will probably be filled with MoveUp.

10 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

This is exactly what happened with the concept when they introduced it when Refection was released.  It was prior to Luminae and Retreat and it gave only these suites access to Blu.  Nobody wanted to pay the upcharge so they went unsold.  I got them consistently when booking suite GTY on that ship.

Or when the SS are all sold and the AQSS is the only option, it seems like more it is Celebrity finding ways to get more $$ for a lower cost Retreat Cabin. For $1200pp more on our cruise you get Spa Access and an in cabin personal trainer, I believe, hardly worth $1200pp for us.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

On the Reflection the original Aqua Class Suite included an upgraded shower, dining in Blu, access to the Spa,  and the other benefits associated with the regular Aqua Class.

As I recall the driving force for the elimination of the Aqua Class suite was the introduction of the Luminae restaurant.  ( which initially even included lunch on port days).  Sort of an awkward change away from Blu.  

I guess Celebrity has decided enough time has passed to try it again.  I was looking at a Summit cruise from Iceland and I noticed that a certain Sky Suite (it was not labeled as Aqua Class Sky Suite) was initially the same price as the Celebrity Suite.  I thought perhaps it was an error.  Although it is logically that an Aqua Class Sky Suite would have a slight premium, it is certainly not worth that kind of premium.  I though perhaps it was an Aqua Class Celebrity Suite.  

Edited by jagoffee